Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Daytime Running Lights/ LED Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 AM
AMLV8 is on a distinguished road
Daytime Running Lights/ LED Lights

I have a 2010 Vantage. There are two headlight settings. One setting is full on which means the LED lights AND headlights are always on. If this setting is chosen, you can leave the lights on all the time and when the car is turned off, the lights automatically turn off. Thus, you never need to worry about a dead battery from keeping the lights on. The other light setting turns on the LED lights and some other exterior lights but NOT the headlights. I know this setting does not qualify as true daytime running lights because the LEDs are not bright enough but I do not live in an area where you need to have DRLs. However, I like the way just the LEDs look (without the headlights) so I like to always use this setting. However, the problem is that unlike the other setting, these lights will stay on when the car is turned off unless you manually turn off the light switch. My question is whether these lights can be wired to always turn off when the car turns off. That way I could always leave the lights on this setting (unless I need full headlights in which case I would change the switch to the other setting--in either case, however, I would not have to worry about turning off lights when I turn off the car). Thanks.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
QuantumN420 is on a distinguished road
I do the same exact thing you do and drive with the LEDs on (headlights off). If I ever forget to turn them off it beeps when I open my door. It would be nice to have them turn off when the car is off, but I never had an issue with walking away from the car with them still on. I have a 2011...does the 2010 beep when you open the door and they are still on?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:45 PM
BLAM is on a distinguished road
They should have made the DRL's auto. Those damn Brits!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
AMLV8 is on a distinguished road
Yes there is a beep to remind you to turn the lights off but the beep is fairly quiet so I'm afraid I will not hear it and leave the lights on. I am hoping there is a better way.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yes, it would be nice to have a mode where the LED eyebrows are lit but not the corner/plate lights and that they would shut off when you remove the key—sort of like on Audi cars. Maybe AM could develop a software upgrade?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Maybe AM could develop a software upgrade?
Yes, and then charge us $3,000 for the option.