Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12V Sirius XM reception is crap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Of course your satellite signal will be lost whenever the signal from the satellite is blocked from the antenna...that's not poor implementation, that's just physics. Satellite signals obviously aren't like FM or AM bands that transmit from towers...they need direct line of sight with the satellite. I believe some systems get around this by saving several seconds worth of programming, but in the end there will be no programming if you are in a tunnel or parking structure where the antenna is blocked from direct line line of sight with the satellite.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Actual line of sight does not appear to be necessary for my car. I still get reception in my parking garage at home. Although the garage is street level and is open, I don't lose the signal in the center of the garage where I am definitely not LOS with the satellite.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:54 AM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Actual line of sight does not appear to be necessary for my car. I still get reception in my parking garage at home. Although the garage is street level and is open, I don't lose the signal in the center of the garage where I am definitely not LOS with the satellite.
There are terrestrial repeaters in urban areas to avoid drop-outs from tall buildings, etc. You do need line-of-sight if you're somewhere with no repeaters.