Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Towing Eye Cap ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Towing Eye Cap ?

Has anybody removed the cap? If so, what does the attachment look like?

Mine was loose, so I pulled it off and it has a black rubberized stem that fits into the towing eye boss. This stem was cracked at its base resulting in the floppy cover.

It looks like a fix to a broken part if you ask me. Also, on the back of the cover at 3 spots along the edge are pieces of velcro and then attached to that was a mating circular ring that looks like it has a peelable backing to stick somewhere.

And then in the parts book, I notice that they call out for 2 covers, like they figure you are going to need another one some day when you lose the first one. Maybe this was a spare and that's why there is this velcro on the back (which looks very factory and not home made).

Any way, someone here must have pulled their cover off at some point. What say you?