Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Next car after V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Just pick one from your list and drive it. We're always looking for the next best thing. It never seems to stop. So just pick one and enjoy it until the urge to change returns.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 AM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
Ah yes, buy and enjoy. I'm thinking I actually like the itch. Gives me something to look forward to. Haha. Now thinking I should just wait and try to make the v12 make sense.

I tried sitting in a 430 and I don't fit, so not sure Ferrari is an option (not happy about this). Never been a huge fan of the r8 or lambos, but that's just me.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 PM
What do you guys think this car could go for since it has a few miles?

http://www.millermotorcars.com/2011-...peed-c-180.htm

Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 PM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Looks nice, but you'll like the V12V more!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hroussard
Missing on your list is the LOTUS EVORA if you are looking for a week-end car..
Agreed, though won't know if he'll fit if he doesn't fit in the F430...

Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
Agreed, though won't know if he'll fit if he doesn't fit in the F430...
. Yes that could be a problem but the Evora is substantially larger inside compared with the Exige. I am only 5.9 190 lbs and I did not fit in the Exige. However I did like the Evora a lot. Great curves and nice intimate interior.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ssaa77
Ah yes, buy and enjoy. I'm thinking I actually like the itch. Gives me something to look forward to. Haha. Now thinking I should just wait and try to make the v12 make sense.

I tried sitting in a 430 and I don't fit, so not sure Ferrari is an option (not happy about this). Never been a huge fan of the r8 or lambos, but that's just me.
How is it you fit in a V8V but not a F430? I'm 6-5 and find the F-car to have more room than any AM? Just curious.....

Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You may be happiest with the '09 v8v 4.7 ... read the thread seems like the right direction for you to lean into and a natural next step.

I agree with the comments on the GTR, many of my friends have them I could have gotten one also. A buddy of mine told me recently to drive his slightly modded GTR, and that after I do I will want to sell my DB9 (he didn't know I had a decent amount of experience inside GTRs before)...I thought to myself " Um, no. The GTR and DB9 comparison is like that of **** star to beautiful and elegant classy women...sure they are both hot in their own way, sure they can both be good in the sack...BUT which one would you like to take out for dinner, out to a gala event, or back home to the family afterwards !!!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
The GTR and DB9 comparison is like that of **** star to beautiful and elegant classy women...sure they are both hot in their own way, sure they can both be good in the sack...BUT which one would you like to take out for dinner, out to a gala event, or back home to the family afterwards !!!
Can't I have both?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Can't I have both?
Sure and let them bikini mud wrestle each other!!! hahaha exactly what I thought afterwards! Sure can!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future

You don't fit in an F430? If you dont' mind, how tall (or horizontally tall ) are you? I'm 6'6'' and have more room in 360's and 430's than any other exotic I've ever been in. I have an extra 1'' seat rail to use in my 360 I don't even need! Way more room than Vantages and I can't even come close to fitting properly in Lamborghinis.

Make sure you have the steering wheel adjusted properly. It telescopes and moves up and down. Level is far down the column.

Last edited by MikeR397; 02-27-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Sat in a 430 vert and didn't fit with the top up and seat all the way down and back. Maybe the coupe is different?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As for the analogy, for us happily married folk, perhaps the GTR is the right way to go :-). It's spot on as my mind oos and ahs whenever see one. Quite in line with the analogy.

If I figure out a way to get into a 430, then maybe my mindset will change...

Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
. . . perhaps the GTR is the right way to go :-). It's spot on as my mind oos and ahs whenever see one.
Interesting. I have a bit of the opposite reaction. When I see a GTR I find myself thinking, it's not much to look at, but I bet it's really fast.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Interesting. I have a bit of the opposite reaction. When I see a GTR I find myself thinking, it's not much to look at, but I bet it's really fast.
Different strokes for different folks (as my mom used to say), but I have to agree RE: the GTR looks. I have never found it attractive. I would be eager to see what the Infiniti version looks like, I'm guessing it will be much more organic and svelte.

I also think the GTR interior is not particularly appealing, but that's just based on pictures since I have not peered through the window of one.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
GTR has only one thing going, speed potential. Out of the box they are pretty fast, but what really is their advantage is the potential of how fast they are once you start modding them. Other than that, it's a big car, heavy/bulky, not a driver's car, and lacks soul and passion trading those virtues for techno wizzardry and gadgets, the thing practically can drive itself

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Next car after V8V