Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston vs Ford GT???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
What's wrong under the hood with the GT?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I'm pretty sure part of the problem is it isn't this:

Name:  2007-aston-martin-v12-vantage-engine.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  185.3 KB

Last edited by Aston.Ca; 05-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Well, I just purchased a Vantage V12 Carbon Edition. I was very close to buying the Ford. I even did the final negotiations. But a few things were nagging at me.

At the moment of truth I felt like the Ford was the hot girl in the micro mini and cropped shirt that is fun while on vacation, but you eventually realize you have to bring her out to hang with your family and friends. It is a viceral and exciting car. It's the best at what it does. There is no equal for that type of car, but ultimately, it's not a car that would ever imprint on me. I would tire of it and it would eventually have to go (but without depreciation. That part is so great).

When I went back to the Aston it was clear:

They treated me far better than the Ford guys. Less stupid dickering and pettiness. They acted like they wanted my money.

The car just looked so much better the second time around. I noticed all the little details. It had menace that I missed. Subtle improvements that add up to perfection. I love all the carbon bits, I love the hood on a black car, I love the alcantara interior.

The rims are perfectly sized. Just poked out to the edges and 1.5" wider at the rear. Love the rubber too. Plus the carbon ceramics are sweet, especially after all my brake issues on my TTRS.

The engine sounds like a normal Vantage v8 being £^<¥%< by a Ferrari. What a motor, so eager to rev. The Ford just never did that. It was lazier, the Aston has the torque, but it's hungry.

Have not heard the B&O yet, so no comment

Anyway, very happy to stay in Aston. I have my perfect Aston. Looks like the car Batman would drive.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Interesting to hear that the Ford revs slower. I would have thought that it'd be similar to the V12V, but I guess the SC takes a bit to really get going.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Congrats.... You're a black penguin in a carbon black v12v!! Nice choice... post some pics!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
@racerX: yes, the Ford has a very lazy feeling (to me), unless you are bashing it. The problem is it can do 62 mph in first gear, so you can't get any revs at anything but stupid speeds. Maybe 214 mph is too fast for fun driving car in the real world.

It is an exciting car and I still drool when I see them, it's just not for me.

Aston to me is a company that creates cars that excite the senses, not just the stop watch. The naturally aspirated v12 is more exciting to drive when you are on real roads.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Congratulations on your purchase! Photos soon please...
Nice to see that you took the leap to the V-12!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Nicely done!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Here's a clip of the sales guy giving it a short burst of rev's. I love the sound it makes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVa_f...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-01-2012, 04:09 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The Aston has a certain panache, togetherness, and class that the GT just can't muster. (and we aren't even talking DBS!) Yet I'm not slamming the GT... It's just a different animal.

On the other hand, when you slip in the seat of the GT, you know this is a car built for one thing. It's raw, and has a degree of race "unfinished-ness" that you usually find in a race car. Its primary reason for being is... the track. In some respects, it reminds me of sitting in an aluminum motor boat with a gas can, vs. a Chris-Craft. I mean no disrespect here whatsoever to the mighty GT40.

Not to mention, you only have room for a spare body, and no groceries. LOL... I love the GT, and will probably own one (I have an acquaintance who has one, btw), but for all their glory, they are pretty narrowly defined. That's just it. IMHO, it's not something you want to spend much 'pleasure time', for a long stretch in, on the road.

The Aston is quite a different, refined, elegant experience than the GT. Both are great cars. American V-8 brutality vs European refinement.

Enjoy your car. Congrats!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! That's the best mods you can do on a Vantage!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Congrats on your purchase! I definitely got the impression you've heavily considered both cars before finally deciding on one. Well done.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations … now let’s see some pictures of your new machine.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM
adelaide is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Hope to see you (my goodness, more like hear you) around Toronto.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:46 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations and welcome to the Canadian V12V club!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston vs Ford GT???