Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V Premium Audio, rear speakers cut out on FM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jwbeard
It's not under AM, but definitely present for FM. I confirmed this morning that 3-channel isn't subject to the same issue.
Well, there's the problem.

The term 'premium' refers to the Alpine 700w audio sytem, not the Linn system that you have. That's the source of confusion from your initial post. Don't use the term premium...use Linn 950w to distinguish it from the 128 and 260 watt Linn systems.

Therefore you can disregard what I was saying about SS not being available in radio mode with the Premium system.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM
jwbeard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Well, there's the problem.

The term 'premium' refers to the Alpine 700w audio sytem, not the Linn system that you have. That's the source of confusion from your initial post. Don't use the term premium...use Linn 950w to distinguish it from the 128 and 260 watt Linn systems.

Therefore you can disregard what I was saying about SS not being available in radio mode with the Premium system.
I was under the impression that the Linns were exclusive to DB9s, and the V8V has always used Alpine and/or B&O. Do I misunderstand?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:47 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jwbeard
I was under the impression that the Linns were exclusive to DB9s, and the V8V has always used Alpine and/or B&O. Do I misunderstand?
What does the display say when you turn the audio system on?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 PM
jwbeard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
What does the display say when you turn the audio system on?
"Vantage Premium Audio System"

Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
The V8 Vantage never had a Linn system, and the FM surround option does indeed include all three choices--Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby 3 channel, and none. I've played with that menu often enough recently that I've become quite familiar with it.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
Thank god I found this thread, I have the same issue in my 6.5 V8V and was cringing about the $$ it would cost to fix.