Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pearl White or Black AMV8V?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
ronev is on a distinguished road
Pearl White or Black AMV8V?

I'm considering these for a purchase soon. Both are 07's and spec'd out similarly (premium audio's the most important for me). Both have 20k miles.

The white one seems to be a bit better cared for, hence about $3K more. White has Obsidian Black interior, and Black has Black interior with red seats and door card inserts.

I value your input. Thanks.

Name:  hw_800.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  iQ_800.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  89.7 KB

Last edited by ronev; 05-30-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I just got back from a business trip in Dallas. Based on the temperatures there, I would say that white is a good choice in Texas.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The white frost is a really stunning color in person. I like Obsidian but there will be more of them. I would go with the white and change the wheels to some kind of Gray or tinted brushed. It will look tremendous and be very unique.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
White

Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I love the Morning Frost. But do change the wheels to Sport Pack ones instead.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I thought he said Pearl White (which is nice) and not Morning Frost (which I agree looks fantastic). I would echo the comment from Racer about the heat. Mine is Onyx Black and it's hot even in Toronto

Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Which white and which black are they?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
Both are classy

Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
I thought he said Pearl White (which is nice) and not Morning Frost (which I agree looks fantastic). I would echo the comment from Racer about the heat. Mine is Onyx Black and it's hot even in Toronto
AFAIK there are only two whites: Stratus and Morning Frost (pearl).

Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Yep and at least 3 blacks

Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Nothing is better looking than a clean black exotic. However there is a price to pay -Having owned 2 black cars, they are impossible to keep clean and EVERY blemish will show. White gets dirty too but you won't see paint swirls and light scraches. Go with the white unless you want to slave over your car.

Last edited by PaulChristian; 05-31-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on white

Old 05-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Definitely white! Plus the earlier advice on something matte black / titanium graphite would be the proper choice!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:53 AM
ronev is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Good to know, thanks. The dealer had it listed as pearl white, but I could find nothing online as to definitely what the color name is. Where is the color code on the car?

Thanks for all your input! When I first saw the white, I was stunned and couldn't get my mind off it. I wanted to get other opinions, as I wanted to make sure I didn't want it just because it matches my hair color!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
I vote for white.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pearl White or Black AMV8V?