Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

The Great Canadian Aston Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spinecho
Here's an invitation for all fellow Canadian Aston owners to post pics and stories! Even if you've posted recently, why not share some more? I'll start with my new V12 Vantage, picked up this past March:

Slate blue/baltic blue, with HRE P43S (kind thanks to Jaymoney for inspiration and advice on the wheels!)
Always a Sick ride, love the no badge theme..excellent choice in changing the wheels to this color, other HRE's I installed just didn't cut it for me..bet you grin evertime you press the throttle

Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
From the west coast on a rare sunny day a few weeks ago:

Old 06-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I only see one. Where's the other two?
What!?! You thought the pics were of the same car?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
From Spinecho's meth-addled imagination...
No meth here, just a bad memory. So XJRS Owner, you are right (God help us all).

I dug through my old magazines, as I knew I had seen it somewhere. Alas, it was not Mr. Clarkson. But I claim points for being half correct. The quote is from Top Gear's Supercars issue, summer 2008 and is from one Jon Claydon - same initials, but I'd never heard of him before and never have since!

So Racer, you can breathe easy - it was just some obscure guy who said this, not the overbearing voice of authority, Jeremy.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Thank goodness!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Spinecho - Love the colour of your car!!

Here's a few images of mine, for the "Official Canadian Thread"

Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Gekko, stellar photography as always. Don't you just hate Ontario's *@$! front plates?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
Gekko, stellar photography as always. Don't you just hate Ontario's *@$! front plates?
Thanks. The plates kill me - I've had too many tickets & pullovers, decided it wasn't worth the hassle anymore !!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Stewman is on a distinguished road
Golden Horseshoe-Niagara region

Hello Canada....lol

I went with the tow hook license plate mount..need to take a few more photos...it does not impact the front look as much

Need to learn how to crop photos...love the way others have shown their rides..great photos guys

Im thinking of doing the cats this summer but not sure...I have a quick silver exhaust.....some say it may be too loud...I know this is subjective.....

Long live Canada...Freedom Scotland..lol

Attached Images    
Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
LOL this thread is funny...power rangers...to BFD... heck why not just call it "squatch ****" and call it a day!!! haha ... this is beginning to shape up like a South Park episode, it's Canada...where are Terrance and Phillip! LOL!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Know the front plate can be annoying, I'm big on mustangs and at some of the meets, guys from ontario have a electric retractable lisence plate frame..uses a remote to flip the plate to in view and also stowed away..

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=507

Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I've thought about that as a solution but never considered my might be so modestly priced. Where would you draw power from for that unit? I'm guesing you would not want to put that on a lowered car (!) (Oh and thanks for the vid, that made me LOL).

Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Canuck Vantage is on a distinguished road
Spinecho - gorgeous V12. My next will likely be a V12. If you ever consider selling yours let me know. Love the lack of navigation - mine doesn't have either - the flow of the dash is much improved and the navi on these cars is weak at best. Big fan of the blue on blue. Reminds me of my blue on blue Porsche of days gone old...

Photos of my V8V to come soon.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Canuck. I asked specifically for no nav (comes as standard on V12V). Like you I didn't have it on my prior V8V either, and agree the 'waterfall' looks better without it. Never really use nav in any vehicle anyway... I can count on one hand the number of times I have really wanted to use it - ever! But I don't drive to a lot of unfamiliar places and I can see how it might have substantial benefits to some folks.

Looking forward to those photos.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I spec'ed my first AM without a Sat Nav for the same reason. My current one has one, as I thought it would be better for resale value - but still hate the darn thing & it's cutout lines !!

As a funny aside, my friends & I did a Topgear challenge from T.O. to the vineyards (with insane weekend traffic) so we took side roads. I programmed in the same address & settings on both Sat Nav's - - this is what resulted . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Great Canadian Aston Thread