Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pirelli PZero Corsas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Pirelli PZero Corsas

how much I should pay for set of 4 Pirelli PZero Corsas ? I will soon need new set for my vantage V12

Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Check out Tirerack - plug in V12 and it'll list all the options for you from Michelin, Bridgestone, Hankook, Toyo and a set of Pirelli's for $2400 US.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Try Hankook ... $900 a set installed ... much better and a lot less expensive. Put em on my V8V and Cayman S - excellent on road and track .... go figure ... better for less $$$ ....

Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Subjectively, was Hankook road noise better/worse/same compared to the original Bridgestones?

Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I believe that the Hankooks are superior to the Bridgestones, but I'd be surprised if they're better than the Corsas, which are fantastic.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Hmmm - I would put the Hankooks up against the Pirrelli/Corsas for sure. Of course I do not have two sets of wheels and lap times to back that up ! But I do believe they are that good. I seriously would put them against any other tire - handling that good - and 1/2 the price ! My mechanic recom'd them and shop said if I did not like them they would replace them w whatever for full refund - I thought why not and was sold after a month of use, then put them on the Porsche too.
Yes - Road noise better than Bridgestones too.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
It's very interesting and tempting since the p0 corsa are the best I used so far, did you actually used them or just the Bridgestone ?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Which model of the Hankook's?

Old 07-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Have not had Pirelli on this car. Hankooks are V12 Evo

Old 07-07-2012, 02:55 PM
One final thought - if you are not "tracking" or Auto-Xing why pay the extra money ... for possible .01/.1 of a second ... not going to get that benefit on the street.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Have not had Pirelli on this car. Hankooks are V12 Evo
How many miles have you gotten out of them and do you find they get noisy after they start to wear? Some review suggest they don't last v long and can start to wail after a while.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
One final thought - if you are not "tracking" or Auto-Xing why pay the extra money ... for possible .01/.1 of a second ... not going to get that benefit on the street.
The extra grip is worth it if you like to go on spirited drives off the track. I often go for drives in the mountains with other performance cars and the sticky tires absolutely shine there. Personally, I'll pay up for the Corsas unless/until I hear of tires that provide equal or better performance.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The grip is there w the Hankooks. Tires are certainly a subjective item unless vetted in an engineering test environment. No one has done this with an AM and these tire choices. That said there will always be a debate about what tires are better - grip sound longevity price - all different priorities to individuals.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
V12 are not even close to P Corsa's. Search for empirical reviews.

My guess is you will notice on turn in.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
^^^I've noticed it on sharp downhill corners where you'd expect the heavy lump under the hood to cause you to plough into the opposite lane. Amazing how the tires keep the car on track when you push them so hard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pirelli PZero Corsas