Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2005 DB9 AC not blowing cold after two weeks at body shop

Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 PM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
2005 DB9 AC not blowing cold after two weeks at body shop

Hey guys. My car was in the body shop for past two weeks to fix a small scratch on the side. Today I got the car back and everything seems to be working fine except AC. So I poked around and try to check the inside temp sensor (if there is one) under the map light console and I didn't see any sensor and I only saw a connector with nothing connected to it. I've attached a pic below. And all the map lights are connected so this is not the connector for map light. Is this where the inside temp sensor suppose to be? If so I'm clearly missing it and likely someone at the shop reassembled and forgot about it. AC was working perfectly fine before I dropped the car off at the shop. Just in case it's gone, is there a volvo or ford sensor that works? Any info is greatly appreciated.

P.S. AC compressor seems to be engaging.
Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  56.5 KB

Old 10-27-2012, 01:14 AM
hph
After looking around looks like that connector is for Mic. And my car doesn't have phone so it makes sense to see it just hanging. Anyhow, the car battery was disconnected for two weeks and after the repairs, the body shop took the car to Aston dealer to reset whatever needs resetting after disconnecting the battery. I am clueless now.. I'll just take it to the dealer.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Your inside temp sensor is close to your right knee when sitting in the driver seat. Could also be a problem with your outside temp sensor -- is it reading correctly?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 PM
hph
The car is back from the dealer and the culprit was the hose from compressor to condenser. There is a small leak. I've seen a couple of DB9's with this issue on AMOC forum and they have similar mileage too. So looks like these hoses develop leaks around 50-60k mile range. My car still has extended warranty. Initially they declined it and dealer quoted me around $2k to replace it. But the service advisor is nice enough to bug them again and now it'll be covered by warranty. Just want to share the info.