Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS sapphire key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4pipes
I changed the battery yesterday. All the buttons still communicate with my car.
if the remote is programmed to the car and your battery goes flat dead..the vehicle "can" lose track of the rolling code sync'd with the remote..if this "does" happen..press the headlamp button on the remote rapidly 5-8 times and this will re-sync the remote to the vehicle ..you will see the driving light lamp bulb light up in the dash cluster and headlamps will come on...press headlamp button again to turn off the lights ..remote has been re-sync'd successfully

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
I bought an extra crystal key but now I need to bring the car in to get it programmed....was just quoted $250...sounds like a rip-off, doesn't it?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
I paid $150 in Naples, FL, and I felt like I was ripped off, since programming probably took less than 5 minutes. Apparently, dealers charge what they think they can get in their market.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
LOL, I guess you at least got lubed...I am going get it without any.....

Does anyone knows of independent shop in LA that can program the keys?

Will

Originally Posted by MikeD
I paid $150 in Naples, FL, and I felt like I was ripped off, since programming probably took less than 5 minutes. Apparently, dealers charge what they think they can get in their market.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
LOL, I guess you at least got lubed...I am going get it without any.....

Does anyone knows of independent shop in LA that can program the keys?

Will
I think my dealer charged me a half or a full hours labour for programming a new key for me. Might have been $100, I'll have to check. Anyway Doctor, be sure you get the matching programming codes along with the new key - otherwise it won't be much more use than an expensive paperweight!

FF

Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 PM
The dealer who sold me the car will program it for free but it's in San Diego. I might do a day trip or have the keys sync locally if its not a total rape of charges. I guess my fees are going up for my patients...

Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
.....I guess my fees are going up for my patients...
I didn't think it was possible for Healthcare to get any more expensive in the US!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FatFrank
I didn't think it was possible for Healthcare to get any more expensive in the US!
....you ain't seen nothin yet!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
$1,700 for a key?! $250 reprogramming fee?!
I would have looked the dealer in the face and said, "I'm sorry, I asked for the price of a piece of glass with some electronic bits. I believe you must have thought I asked you to quote me the spot market price for an oz. of gold."

Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Why? b/c they can.

If you're not in a hurry, you can find them for MUCH less! astonmartinbits.com has them for 310 GBP.....

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Does the dealer have to have the car there when the remote is programmed? If not, then perhaps you could post your new remote to the guy that will do it free, or to someone else that will do it cheaper?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Heist
$1,700 for a key?! $250 reprogramming fee?!
I would have looked the dealer in the face and said, "I'm sorry, I asked for the price of a piece of glass with some electronic bits. I believe you must have thought I asked you to quote me the spot market price for an oz. of gold."
Laughed so hard!
Post of the year

Old 02-21-2017, 08:33 AM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Resurrecting an old thread. I bought a new AM key set (crystal + plastic) with the codes and took it to my local dealer for programming. They said the plastic key works perfect (start and unlock), but that the crystal key will start but not lock/unlock. Any advice before I pick the car up?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM
electronaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by patrija
Resurrecting an old thread. I bought a new AM key set (crystal + plastic) with the codes and took it to my local dealer for programming. They said the plastic key works perfect (start and unlock), but that the crystal key will start but not lock/unlock. Any advice before I pick the car up?
Based on what was said earlier in this thread, a programmed key will start a car even if the battery in the key has gone dead, but if the battery in the key has gone dead, it won't be able to send a signal to lock/unlock the doors.

So, first step would be to get a new battery in that key.

If that doesn't work, either the key wasn't programmed correctly or you have a bad key, so take it up with whoever did the programming and whoever sold you the key.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:47 PM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Resurrecting an old thread (again) because something doesn't make sense with this key issue. I have 1 Sapphire (average shape) and one plastic (bad shape). I do not even have the metal key, but i'm working with Aston Bits now. My plastic key seems to push into the dash and will "turn on" the car but not start it. What the hell does that mean?

So, I have heard about a Volvo key or Jaguar that as internals, but none that seem to match up. Am I really ordering one with 5 buttons from a 2005+ Volvo and going to insert into this broken plastic one? Doesn;t make sense...

I am good with my Sapphire key, I just want to fix the plastic broken one and perhaps get a 2nd. Once I get the metal key from AstonBits i'll feel better.

Needing guidance please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DBS sapphire key