Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Make a front license plate holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Make a front license plate holder

In Virginia, we are required to run a front tag and we all know they look like poo on the car, so I decided to rummage around my garage and see what I could come up with that would be easy to put on and take off.

Found a radar detector bracket. Think it was off a Valentine 1. That was my base. Bolt the plate to that, then add suction cups. After that, swipe two more suction cups from my wife's Christmas wreath hanger stash and screw though the plate, and surround with a genuine carbon fiber BMW slimline plate frame.

The four suction cups hold it strongly, and I can center it, move it far right or far left - no matter. Most the time it will be off the car - If I get stopped I'll say 'Dog-Gone it, I forgot to put it back on after Cars N' Coffee, sorry about that' and grab it from the trunk and stick it on.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Well done!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
viken is on a distinguished road
that plate looks good for about 38 mph. After that it's going to become a decapitating instrument. Make you also keep a box of cream filled doughnuts back there too...just in case

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Duane nice front tag farkel ! Good for ur plan but dunno how well it'll hold up while driving like when fairfax pd makes you drive away on 495 or 66 with it on your car u have to merge and get back to speed.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I would not like to be driving behind you if that thing comes flying off.