Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Old 12-15-2015, 05:59 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ron Avery View Post
Both racks are from American Custom lifts in California. The one post was $7000 installed, the 4 post was $3200 installed.
Ron

Thanks for the info! I am going to dig in to this!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:50 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
Wow Ron, the single post is expensive compared to the 4-post, do you think it's worth the price?

Here's my garage:

Name:  IMG_20151204_230832_zpsnds3vpaw.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  110.9 KB

Last edited by impulsiv; 12-15-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:03 AM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't seen a single post in a home before - that's amazing. Pricy, but probably worth it since you don't have to worry about the posts being in the way.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by telum01 View Post
I haven't seen a single post in a home before - that's amazing. Pricy, but probably worth it since you don't have to worry about the posts being in the way.
Exactly that's why I have the one post lift. At my old house I had a two car garage with two 4 post lifts, and all the post got in the way this is a much better solution except if I had thought about it I would've put the one post on the opposite side so I could pull my car is in front first and still open the door. It would make getting out easier. The way it is now I have to back the cars in on the one post side. I had the 4 post installed first. The originalIntention was to add a one car garage attached to the two car , however we couldn't get it through the city planners so that's why had to add the one post lift later.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 12-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:34 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
I am having a new 2-post chassis lift installed on Tuesday, a Challenger CL10V3. I have plenty of floor space, thankfully, I just am tired of working on the ground.

I have had 4-post lifts in the past and I can easily see reasoning for that single post version. That would make working on the car easier. Work on one side then turn the car around to access the other side. It would make detailing much less tiring as you do not have to bend down.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:10 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skywagon View Post
T The Aston is great from any angle.

Congrats on your new Italian toy. Looking forward to seeing what it is.
Not what you expected? did you think I would squander my brand loyalty for a cheap Italian car .....one day when im bald or grey Perhaps but since Im neither of those and I still have brass ***** this is for me.

Although I must say this thing is simply terrifying to ride...130Mph and it lifts the front wheel in 5th gear its a real hoot!

Old 12-16-2015, 01:23 PM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
I would LOVE a bike but I've got the self-control of a toddler. I'd kill me too easily

Old 12-16-2015, 01:27 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
I would LOVE a bike but I've got the self-control of a toddler. I'd kill me too easily
Exactly what has kept me from getting a bike. My wife, still wants me around for some reason

Personally I think it's cause I'm handy with duct tape

Old 12-16-2015, 02:38 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by captain Greg View Post
Not what you expected? did you think I would squander my brand loyalty for a cheap Italian car .....one day when im bald or grey Perhaps but since Im neither of those and I still have brass ***** this is for me.

Although I must say this thing is simply terrifying to ride...130Mph and it lifts the front wheel in 5th gear its a real hoot!

Nice, congrats!

Great minds think similarly. Here is my 2001 Ducati 748R:

I also have a 2001 Ducati Monster, a 2015 BMW R1200GS, and am restoring a 1959 Ariel Square Four MKII. Adrenaline comes from varying sources in my garage.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:22 PM
sunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond repute
Single post lifts are AWESOME !!! and to have one in a personal garage that is very cool. Nice job....Rich you need one of those man! :-)

Old 12-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by sunir View Post
Single post lifts are AWESOME !!! and to have one in a personal garage that is very cool. Nice job....Rich you need one of those man! :-)
That'd be awesome but my garage layout would force me to put it on the left side, so I'd have to back in to use it, which I *hate* doing

Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 PM
sunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

That'd be awesome but my garage layout would force me to put it on the left side, so I'd have to back in to use it, which I *hate* doing
I back in all time w my cars in my garage. Trust me once you get into the habit of it ...it'll be like second nature. You're using the left and right Mirrors like her up and piece of cake! In the beginning it might suck but in not much time you will even prefer it. Plus with that SWEET single post lift its worth it!!!! 😊

Old 12-19-2015, 07:11 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
We had a few days of rain this week so the Vantage was good and dirty. So I took a little time this morning to give it a bath and took the opportunity to get a few pictures.

This is the 2007 I picked up last week, it now has 10,000 miles on the clock, black with Kestrel Tan interior. Monday it goes to the AM dealer to have the bluetooth iPod retrofit kit installed. Not the best pics but i'll find a better spot and make sure i'm there for better light soon.

Last edited by BillV8V; 12-20-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:58 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Merry Christmas from this beauty ...

Old 12-22-2015, 10:04 AM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
That's a beauty WG, i'd love to see more !!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.