Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage or 360 Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Here are some of my dropped 11' XKR.

Name:  Colony-20121001-00327.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  230.7 KB

Old 12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
@Evoking : that's a great looking car

An XK is excellent value -- a lot of car for fairly reasonable money. But they depreciate like crazy (I had one), even worse than an Aston. Scratch your itch with a lightly used one; great bang for the buck.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Actually the new generation 07+ XK's hold their value well. Look at 07' 911's and then price 07 XKR's. About the same. Also the 10's have been/will hold their value even better considering they are even more rare and also much more power.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Funny enough, this isn't uncommon either... Soon - the OP will start looking into the new Viper, R8, Gallardo, and perhaps end up with a GT-R (exactly what I went through).[/QUOTE]

In fact I have considered the Nissan GT-R, Viper, R8, Corvette Z06 but for a variety of reasons eliminated all of them. The only ones that have stuck and that are also in my price range are the 360 and Vantage. Ultimately I admire the cache of Ferrari and Aston. My decision came down to a number of factors one of which is a degree of versatility which I think the Vantage offers more of. The opinions and suggestions that have been presented in this thread have been very interesting and I love the passion everyone has for their preference . Keep the debates going.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Evoking; beautiful XKR, just not on my radar for now

Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Absolutely NO comparison, v8vanfage all the way. The 360 is a turd by comparison.

Plus the 360 has that poser @ Starbucks negative connotation, where as the Aston exudes class no matter where you go.

Get the Aston, you won't be disappointed.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Both are solid cars, but I would opt for the 360.

The Vantage is much more practical then the Ferrari, but the 360 is such a fun car to drive.

Have no idea where 007 gets the idea that the 360 is a "turd".

Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Great thread....as I read through it I found myself agreeing with several conflicting opinions!!
I have had 2 360's and 2 CS's and am now on my second AMv8(N420). I thought briefly about a 360 or another CS but decided on the AM. One post mentioned the haters and Fcars do sometimes draw out the rude and jealous. AM makes people interested and admiring of the classic shape and sound. I have never had anyone offer anything other than questions and compliments regarding the AM.
Contrary to some posts, I prefer the drive of the AM, the comforts and especially the real trunk. I have a tune and filters on the car and will probably do some kind of coilovers if I keep it long enough but its quite fun right out of the gate, imo. I do much prefer the 4.7 to the 4.3 though.
Most of my driving is twisty mountain roads and the AM handles the curves beautifully, especially with the extra torque of the 4.7.
Whatever you decide, buy it right and you can still change your mind w/o too much loss.....either way you will have a great road car that offers great "special" feel.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
What did you end up getting?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Townshend
What did you end up getting?
About a year and a half ago I ended up getting a 2007 Aston Martin Vantage. Very happy with my choice!

Old 09-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911MTB
About a year and a half ago I ended up getting a 2007 Aston Martin Vantage. Very happy with my choice!
Congrats! I have an 09 Vantage which I love as well. I was pondering trading for a 360 but have decided if I'm going for a Ferrari I'll get an F430.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
I struggled with this

About 6+ years ago and finally decided on a 07 Vantage. The interiors of the 360s always looked pour in quality to me. It would be nice to have both (they are really different) but I have been happy with my choice.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
I went through the same choice and ended up with the Vantage since a 360 would be to similar to my Lotus(in my weird opinion). But in the end the Ferrari would be used less, cost more to maintain, was older and still cost slightly more. However it was a Ferrari. So the Aston won out.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My son parked my 2015 GT at the Wheels of Italy in Minneapolis last week, the salesman at the Minneapolis aston dealer called me Saturday to thank me for parking the car there, seems at least one Ferrari owner is working a trade to an Aston because of seeing the car next to theirs.