Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMAZING service at New Tickford St Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
AMAZING service at New Tickford St Service

I had some minor issues to address regarding my 09 DBS and was searching for an AM tech with reasonable rates and a good reputation. Other than dealers that charge $175/hr, I couldn't find one in SoCal. Someone referred to me to John Ryan at New Tickford St Service in San Diego.
I emailed John a few times and he was quick to respond with detailed answers. I made the 1 hr 45 min trip down there and it was well worth it.

I asked John to replace the gas struts on my doors and also to charge the freon in the AC.
He also checked fluids and found my oil was low and topped it off.
I waited for less than two hours. Job done.

I've been to many service shops for all sorts of vehicles and often they will overcharge or recommend fixing things that don't need to be fixed. Almost all of them take forever to complete jobs. John is none of these - very honest and down to earth. I highly recommend him if you are in SoCal.

Also saw a really cool 83 Lagonda and chatted with the owner.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
I had some minor issues to address regarding my 09 DBS and was searching for an AM tech with reasonable rates and a good reputation. Other than dealers that charge $175/hr, I couldn't find one in SoCal. Someone referred to me to John Ryan at New Tickford St Service in San Diego.
I emailed John a few times and he was quick to respond with detailed answers. I made the 1 hr 45 min trip down there and it was well worth it.

I asked John to replace the gas struts on my doors and also to charge the freon in the AC.
He also checked fluids and found my oil was low and topped it off.
I waited for less than two hours. Job done.

I've been to many service shops for all sorts of vehicles and often they will overcharge or recommend fixing things that don't need to be fixed. Almost all of them take forever to complete jobs. John is none of these - very honest and down to earth. I highly recommend him if you are in SoCal.

Also saw a really cool 83 Lagonda and chatted with the owner.
Exactly the reasons I recommend New Tickford to anyone I speak to. Well worth traveling to take your car there, not sure where else you can get that type of service from an AM trained and certified tech and at that price!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Exactly the reasons I recommend New Tickford to anyone I speak to. Well worth traveling to take your car there, not sure where else you can get that type of service from an AM trained and certified tech and at that price!
Yes Stuart, I realize he's an RSC tuner as well. I am still considering the cat/exhaust/tune from RSC but I believe you guys are working on a header as well?
Would love to see an increase of 50 - 100 HP