Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12V Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
V12V Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

Hello All!
Does anyone happen to have the intake manifold & exhaust manifold torque specifications and/or torqueing procedures.
Will be performing some work soon on the V12V, and just wanted to have the info ready ahead of time.
Thanks!

Old 07-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
No idea, but what work are you going to be doing on the V12V?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
from the V8V manual, but probably the same:

Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by groutguy
Hello All!
Does anyone happen to have the intake manifold & exhaust manifold torque specifications and/or torqueing procedures.
Will be performing some work soon on the V12V, and just wanted to have the info ready ahead of time.
Thanks!
I wouldn't torque them unless u plan on replacing ever bolt, stud and nut..on all the jobs I do with intake and exhaust manifolds that I re-use the hardware, I just tighten it by hand, that way you can feel if the bolt is over stretched..Reason I don't torque old hardware for stuff like intake and exhaust, I've had too many bolts and studs snap on me..plus there is no way to torque correctly unless u take the engine out if the car..by putting swivels, extensions and adapters gives u an incorrect torque setting..when I have a clear shot at the bolt and don't need more than a 6in extension, that's when I torque providing the hardware is new or the workshop manual says it can be reused..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by irish07
I wouldn't torque them unless u plan on replacing ever bolt, stud and nut..on all the jobs I do with intake and exhaust manifolds that I re-use the hardware, I just tighten it by hand, that way you can feel if the bolt is over stretched..Reason I don't torque old hardware for stuff like intake and exhaust, I've had too many bolts and studs snap on me..plus there is no way to torque correctly unless u take the engine out if the car..by putting swivels, extensions and adapters gives u an incorrect torque setting..when I have a clear shot at the bolt and don't need more than a 6in extension, that's when I torque providing the hardware is new or the workshop manual says it can be reused..
Thanks Irish! That sounds like a very reasonable approach. I've snapped a few used bolts in the past as well, using the factory torque specs.
Racer X - I will be installing a catch can (possibly have to custom fabricate one based on the limited amount of room), and will also be doing a few other miscellaneous goodies. I'll let you guys know once I'm complete and have all of the bugs worked out.
I'll also take a few pics for anyone that might be interested in doing something similar.
Thanks for all the replies!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Telum01 thanks a lot for the torque chart! I'm sure it will come in handy for a lot of other projects that I have panned!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 AM
stevewushu is on a distinguished road
Interesting...