Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Considering changing the V12V HRE wheel setup...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, NEWSFLASH...! I can't take it anymore and selling my rims I'll provide a FS link later today so any inquires please PM me.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
I didn't aside a quick 15-min test drive beforehand. Once I traded in my V8VS for the V12V, I immediately did the springs and wheels. I can say for sure that the ride is slightly stiffer and is somewhat noticeable. If at all possible, I would recommend linking up with an owner with a lowered vehicle to see. As I said before, it's slightly noticeable but not significantly terrible to be a deal breaker.

Here's side profile picture for height reference:

The rear spring perches were made my a local San Diego shop, ACG Automotive (6SPD Sponsor). It was pretty much trial and error at first. They measured the circumference of the shock above the perch where the spring sits. Then they had CNC aluminum cut in 1/4" increments to adjust for height as necessary. In the end, I didn't ask specifically how much spacer was inserted (I wanna say 1/2" or maybe 3/4" or so, but don't hold me to it), inevitably it worked out.

I believe they kept the measurements and design template on file in the event another Aston owner needed the same, but not sure how applicable they would be among other AM models. If you want, I would give them a call ask for James and reference the V12 Vantage with spring spacers.

(858) 633-1017, http://www.acgautomotive.com/

Good luck.
Thanks DL7! I will get in touch with them.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Okay folks, the rims are official up for sale: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ted-clear.html

Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
That's an EXCELLENT price. If I didn't have a set or P40's already, I'd have taken them in a blink.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:06 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
I think there is a substantial difference between the two styles you posted. I debated myself 5 spoke versus 7 spoke from ADV.1 until I now have finally decided on the "old" 5 spoke (the right photo).

I am currently trying to complete the spec and pricing so I can get these ordered from Alex at Tagmotorsports, the ADV.1 dealer.

Which design do you guys prefer? I am doing a graphite gray with a machined 'stainless steel" face.
The one on the right. Graphite. NO machined face...unless "cheap" is the look you were going for

Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IbisRider
The one on the right. Graphite. NO machined face...unless "cheap" is the look you were going for
Wait a minute, I have machined faces on my P40's! Do they make me look cheap? Is my *** too fat? I need to know .......

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Duane, your Vantage looks great..! Just be mindful of those curbstops.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
jeffstokyo is on a distinguished road
Hi DoubleLow7

Just joined this forum so I can get in touch with you and your beautiful wheels...
Unfortunately, I can't send you messages directly, so if you haven't sold these wheels yet, can you PM me?

Best,
jeffstokyo

Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by jeffstokyo
so if you haven't sold these wheels yet, can you PM me?
Jeff, just sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM
jeffstokyo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
Jeff, just sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Thank you!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Are these wheels the same that are on the Weismann MF5?

Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 PM
That wheel above looks more like the BBS F1 which would make sense as I remember seeing Weismann with BBS LM's.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
Okay, you have to post pictures when you get the new rims. I have been debating that exact set of rims for some time myself. Back when you posted here, in fact...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3850748

The wife wouldn't let me buy both the rims and an old muscle car (I went with the muscle car), so I will have to live vicariously though you for a bit longer.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by fbiguy
The wife wouldn't let me buy both the rims and an old muscle car (I went with the muscle car), so I will have to live vicariously though you for a bit longer.
You can be like me and trick your wife by saying it's the same set of rims, she just didn't notice at first. If you want and are interested, shoot me a PM when you're ready to buy and I'll maintain contact.

Update: The wheels are now listed on eBay, Item # 121170533034
http://r.ebay.com/6KrlYb

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Double Low: So I'm confused... why exactly are you selling your wheels? Are you going back to the OEM wheels and OEM springs??? They look amazing on your V12 Vantage.

For those of you who are interested in buying his wheels, I purchased his old set of his V8Vantage S wheels and had an excellent experience. Wheels were shipped via FedEx and arrived in perfect condition (he packaged the wheels and tires separately).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering changing the V12V HRE wheel setup...