Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston martin owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by telum01
A lot of people will generally not answer these kinds of questions (they come up on occasion, and usually hilarity ensues) as a matter of privacy. Plus, the answers will be extremely varied.

Mainly, if you're asking so you can do what we do so you can get the car you want, you're doing life wrong.

Do what you love, and do it so well that people pay you to do it. Keep an open mind, but question everything and never stop learning. Celebrate failure as a learning opportunity and don't let it discourage you.

Everything else will follow.
Well said! <clapping>

Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by drcollie
Ahhh....interesting thread....as if choosing a career path to wealth. Its not WHAT you do for a living, its how you do it. In every industry there are smart people and those not so clever, or some harder working and some more laid back.

I own my own business and have for 30 years, and still work 6 days a week, 60 hours. I could hire an employee for $ 50K to $ 60K a year and not work so hard, this is what most people do and there is nothing wrong with that at all. However, I see that $ 50K a year going out and say to myself "You can have an employee or an Aston Martin, which do you want?" And my choice is clear...in two years time the Aston is paid for.
Doc, you're right and wrong... If you grow a business then part of that is finding ways to multiply yourself and having each of those employees add value y not only making your life easier but also paying for themselves - the taxes you'll have to match and the overhead. It is headache to manage people and if you love what you do then the hours are less of a big deal.

OP, People that found their sweet spot and love what they do tend to be happier and more successful - whatever that means to you.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by R_Rated
Doc, you're right and wrong... If you grow a business then part of that is finding ways to multiply yourself and having each of those employees add value y not only making your life easier but also paying for themselves - the taxes you'll have to match and the overhead. It is headache to manage people and if you love what you do then the hours are less of a big deal.

OP, People that found their sweet spot and love what they do tend to be happier and more successful - whatever that means to you.
Oh, I know that! At one time I had (8) full time employees, but the 2007 / 2008 Recession took care of that, now its just me...and though its better, its a long ways from pre-Recession Days (and Congress doesn't seem to be helping, either)

Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Fellow teacher who has no wife or children at home. It all depends on your priorities, and what YOU value as important...

Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
I, an ex-pat Brit living in the US, am lucky enough to have been given an Aston by Her Majesty's Government in order to fly the flag of British engineering excellence in the colonies (but I do have to buy my own petrol)

Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
jx24 is on a distinguished road
A lot of people will generally not answer these kinds of questions (they come up on occasion, and usually hilarity ensues) as a matter of privacy. Plus, the answers will be extremely varied.

Mainly, if you're asking so you can do what we do so you can get the car you want, you're doing life wrong.

Do what you love, and do it so well that people pay you to do it. Keep an open mind, but question everything and never stop learning. Celebrate failure as a learning opportunity and don't let it discourage you.

Wow haha this post ^ is like the ultimate motivation haha Thank you

Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by keitheva
I, an ex-pat Brit living in the US, am lucky enough to have been given an Aston by Her Majesty's Government in order to fly the flag of British engineering excellence in the colonies (but I do have to buy my own petrol)
What a great deal! Congrats! You Brits really know how to live............

Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DonBond
What a great deal! Congrats! You Brits really know how to live............
Americans doing the same get Crown Vics, Suburbans if they are top rank.

Why do we have to suck so much some times?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Are you serious??? If so, what type of position do you hold?

Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Are you serious??? If so, what type of position do you hold?
00, obviously.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 AM
astongirl is on a distinguished road
Do what you love, and do it so well that people pay you to do it. Keep an open mind, but question everything and never stop learning.

Everything else will follow.[/QUOTE]

Well said Telum!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Pimpin' ain't easy?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 AM
astongirl is on a distinguished road

Do what you love, and do it so well that people pay you to do it. Keep an open mind, but question everything and never stop learning.

Above quote is from telum1... )Not sure how I chopped off the first part with my cell... Oops)

Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by IbisRider
00, obviously.
Spot on (003.5 actually)!

Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Spot on (003.5 actually)!
Ah-Ha! You're half-way there, so keep trying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston martin owners