6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Harrison Signature Cats (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/319292-harrison-signature-cats.html)

jcpca356 10-07-2013 08:55 AM

Harrison Signature Cats

Has anyone had any experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harrison-Signature-High-Flow-Catalytic-Converters-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-/261299323776?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3cd6a74380

http://www.enjukuracing.com/product_images/i/924/harrisonpipesmall__27184_zoom.jpg

007 Vantage 10-09-2013 09:42 PM

Somebody try them and dyno!! That's a great price for those cats. They are def made in China, but they look like VERY high quality for china produced parts.

They should in theory make the same power as any other cat. I just have no idea why they used the name Harrison signature, sounds like a really cheap suit company lol.

jcpca356 10-10-2013 07:47 AM

Lol. That's what I thought too, trying to be some British knockoff. I ended up getting Velocity AP!

cyberimage 10-17-2013 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage (Post 3954717)
Somebody try them and dyno!! That's a great price for those cats. They are def made in China, but they look like VERY high quality for china produced parts.

They should in theory make the same power as any other cat. I just have no idea why they used the name Harrison signature, sounds like a really cheap suit company lol.

yeah knowing the Chinese the used 1/4 the amount of precious metals for the cats and used thinner coating and metal so the cats burn up after 2500 miles lol

R_Rated 10-17-2013 07:55 AM

There are many very good manufacturing facilities in China - and also many bad.

R_Rated 10-17-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jcpca356 (Post 3952525)

You can find some 200 count CATs for far less and simply have any halfway decent shop make these for you and save 1,000 dollars. You're paying big money here for someone to say they have a bolt on for an Aston Application.

postscar95 03-31-2014 09:11 PM

I just bought these for my 09'. I had the RSC cats on my 07' so we'll see how they stack up.

cyberimage 03-31-2014 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by R_Rated (Post 3960037)
You can find some 200 count CATs for far less and simply have any halfway decent shop make these for you and save 1,000 dollars. You're paying big money here for someone to say they have a bolt on for an Aston Application.

yeah that's total crap.. the reason good cats are expensive is they use the rarest and most precious metals on the planet platinum and pladium, but as or more expensive than gold

the good cats use a thick coating and or several coats, and good alloys so they can withstand the 1000 plus degree red hot temperatures to evorate the gasses and hydrocarbons

the Chinese or cheap cats for $300 use crappy zinc based alloys and a very thin if at all coat of platinum which tend to burn up very fast in a year due to high heat..

buying a $150,000 world class aston martin and putting Chinese or cheap
crappy cats on it,, is nothing less than retarded,, and worse than taking a hot supermodel and shaving her head, and putting her in snuggie

ie makes no sense and detracts from the purpose

Stuart@VelocityAP 03-31-2014 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by cyberimage (Post 4081114)
yeah that's total crap.. the reason good cats are expensive is they use the rarest and most precious metals on the planet platinum and pladium, but as or more expensive than gold

the good cats use a thick coating and or several coats, and good alloys so they can withstand the 1000 plus degree red hot temperatures to evorate the gasses and hydrocarbons

the Chinese or cheap cats for $300 use crappy zinc based alloys and a very thin if at all coat of platinum which tend to burn up very fast in a year due to high heat..

buying a $150,000 world class aston martin and putting Chinese or cheap
crappy cats on it,, is nothing less than retarded,, and worse taking a hot supermodel and shaving her head, and putting her in snuggie

ie makes no sense and detracts from the purpose

Good quality trimetallic cat matrices in 20-40gsm loadings, depending upon the application, are not inexpensive pieces. The 40 gsm loadings in particular are very expensive. Platinum, Rhodium and Palladium are pricey metals.

Stuart@VelocityAP 03-31-2014 11:39 PM

I just have no idea why they used the name Harrison signature, sounds like a really cheap suit company lol.

Harrison is the surname of the owner of Enjuku Racing.

V12V 04-01-2014 12:37 PM

Yep using cheap Chinese cats is like using cheap Chinese plastic in accelerator pedals. Oops!

pksjc 05-13-2015 10:25 AM

Checking out the Harrison cats

I called Enjuku Racing and spoke with Sam on these cats for the Aston Martin Vantage. He clarified that they're made in the USA out of California, but didn't have the full specs on the 200 cell core. That is, who made them, how much of the good metals they had in them, etc.

I tried to see if these were comparible in quality to the HJS cats but he didn't know. He said they've sold about 100 pairs of these with no customer complaints so far and no CEL has been reported. He also confirmed that these are a direct bolt on with no other cutting or welding for my car and he did confirm that Harrison is not the owner of Enjuku Racing out of Florida.

They are a distributor/reseller for this cat system. Trying to find the company in CA that makes them so I can confirm the quality of the core material.

Does anyone have the parent company info for the Harrison Signature cats?

Thanks

Prefurbia 10-12-2015 07:20 AM

Got New Harrison Aston Martin CATS Yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the new Aston Martin Harrison CATS (one is named Aston and the other Martin, and our last name is Harrison). Sorry Stewart, we did not purchase these from you.

sdekoning 10-12-2015 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Prefurbia (Post 4412683)
Here are the new Aston Martin Harrison CATS (one is named Aston and the other Martin, and our last name is Harrison). Sorry Stewart, we did not purchase these from you.

hilarious

Stuart@VelocityAP 10-13-2015 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Prefurbia (Post 4412683)

So......many.....jokes.....Astons......attracting. .....Pussy....cats....uh..... Where is the head exploding emoji when you need one?