Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where to find brake fluid for 2009 DB9 in USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Where to find brake fluid for 2009 DB9 in USA

Hi,

I am unable to locate a vendor for Castrol super response DOT 4 brake fluid in Norh Ameirca.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:41 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you are doing heavy track days, any DOT 4 will work just fine.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by drcollie
Unless you are doing heavy track days, any DOT 4 will work just fine.
No track day AT ALL.

can we get some names of other good/excellent DOT4 Brake fluids

Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Better brake fluids have higher operating temps, which you only will ever need on a race track driving aggressively. On the track, your brakes build a lot of heat very quickly and it can boil your brake fluid and if that happens - game over - your have no brakes. And that can be very disconcerting when coming down the straight at 140 mph to set up for T1 at 40 mph and find there is no pedal...so you pay more money for hi-temp brake fluid.

On a street car, you will never get the brakes that hot, so you don't need those high temp ratings, not going to happen. Dot 4 is Dot 4....so get whatever is convenient to buy.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it attracts moisture and that does two things..corrodes your internal brake components (primarily brake lines and caliper pucks) and water lowers the overall temperature before boiling as well. So its a good idea to change out the brake fluid on a regular basis. If I'm tracking a car, it will be 3 x a year. For my street-only vehicles, I do it every two years (and sometimes I forget and go a little past that).

Hope that helps...

Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drcollie
Better brake fluids have higher operating temps, which you only will ever need on a race track driving aggressively. On the track, your brakes build a lot of heat very quickly and it can boil your brake fluid and if that happens - game over - your have no brakes. And that can be very disconcerting when coming down the straight at 140 mph to set up for T1 at 40 mph and find there is no pedal...so you pay more money for hi-temp brake fluid.

On a street car, you will never get the brakes that hot, so you don't need those high temp ratings, not going to happen. Dot 4 is Dot 4....so get whatever is convenient to buy.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it attracts moisture and that does two things..corrodes your internal brake components (primarily brake lines and caliper pucks) and water lowers the overall temperature before boiling as well. So its a good idea to change out the brake fluid on a regular basis. If I'm tracking a car, it will be 3 x a year. For my street-only vehicles, I do it every two years (and sometimes I forget and go a little past that).

Hope that helps...
very nice summary THANK YOU

Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
Hi,

I am unable to locate a vendor for Castrol super response DOT 4 brake fluid in Norh Ameirca.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Saw a quart on eBay-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castrol-Reac...566666&vxp=mtr