Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V - Search is Over !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Venum is on a distinguished road
V8V - Search is Over !!

A few weeks ago I picked up a nicely optioned 2013 Meteorite Silver V8V with manual. Love the car and now looking forward to the typical mods. For starters, rims and trim have been blacked out and next on the list will be tint & clear bra.

Having issues with the emission system and the code requires an overnight stay to run full diagnostics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	312430   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	752.2 KB
ID:	312431   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	312432  
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the buy. Black Rims aren't my thing, but the trim looks good.

Enjoy in good health

Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 AM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful car. It looks menacing with the wheels, and trim treatments you have done. Enjoy!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by Venum
A few weeks ago I picked up a nicely optioned 2013 Meteorite Silver V8V with manual. Love the car and now looking forward to the typical mods. For starters, rims and trim have been blacked out and next on the list will be tint & clear bra.

Having issues with the emission system and the code requires an overnight stay to run full diagnostics.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Looks nice and a proper manual! congrats.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:03 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Ruff/Tuff

Venum, great car...great appearance mods. Looks very much like my coupe. I would like to blacken my side glass mouldings. What did you use, paint, tape?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with the sweet new ride. (Black Sugar?) I'd say headers and 200 cell cats should be your first performance modification. You should ring-up Stuart forthwith!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Congratulations, and welcome to the club.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:32 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Well done. I came close to buying one like this a month ago. I think that the wheels are sharp.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car! Meteorite Silver is a gorgeous color!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
I have the same color in an '06 and was wanting to do the rims the darker grey, not black. how much to do the rims. is it a paint or powder coating?
congrats. looks great
oh and by the way, check the gas cap. my emissions light came on too. the gas cap was the culprit!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations and good choice on the 6-speed. Maybe see you on the local roads.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Venum is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. In stock form, the V8V is very sexy with beautiful lines but I wanted something more agressive. The car was optioned with black accents (exhaust tips, grill and mesh) so to complete the look, I finished off the wheels & trim. I used the all-contriversial Plastidip so I can play around with different color schemes and when I'm done, just rip it off. This transformation cost me $40 and 6 hrs in the garage. I'll likely go with a black semi-gloss powdercoat on the wheels and leave the outer lip and spoke facings the natural machined finish...like the stock gray but in black.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vantage side.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	312769  
Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys. In stock form, the V8V is very sexy with beautiful lines but I wanted something more agressive. The car was optioned with black accents (exhaust tips, grill and mesh) so to complete the look, I finished off the wheels & trim. I used the all-contriversial Plastidip so I can play around with different color schemes and when I'm done, just rip it off. This transformation cost me $40 and 6 hrs in the garage. I'll likely go with a black semi-gloss powdercoat on the wheels and leave the outer lip and spoke facings the natural machined finish...like the stock gray but in black.
Smart. Give yourself time to live with it. I think your final finish is going to be a knock-out. Those are the best V8 stock wheels and yours will look bespoke.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:42 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
so , when I see all those dark grey wheels, is that the plasticdip? what is that by the way? hows it done. sounds good if it looks like paint , but is more like a wrap of somekind.
thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V - Search is Over !!