6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   - New V2 Tune for 4.3L Vantage, More Power! - (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/328052-new-v2-tune-4-3l-vantage-more-power.html)

dicktahoe 02-02-2014 12:59 PM

How do I know my Aston is feeding in fuel, which reduces maximum compression braking? Well I monitor "Instant MPG". When I coast downhill in 6th gear I see 99mpg. When I shift to 5th, I see 67mpg, and in 4th I see 38mpg--that's how I know. My other cars continue to show 99mpg when I coast and down-shift.

Vergis 02-05-2014 08:43 AM

Just having my current map analysed by Eurocharged.

Set up is High Flow headers, Cat delete, X-Pipe, air filters.

Looking forward what power gains can be acheived with such an unrestricted setup.

Here is dreaming for more then 440 bhp :)

darren08 02-05-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Vergis (Post 4040345)
Just having my current map analysed by Eurocharged.

Set up is High Flow headers, Cat delete, X-Pipe, air filters.

Looking forward what power gains can be acheived with such an unrestricted setup.

Here is dreaming for more then 440 bhp :)

who's headers? where did you get the x pipe? Fabspeed? Cat delete? no cats at all? I have done that on my 85 911 but was not sure you could get away with that on this car without having codes (check engine lights) on?

Vergis 02-05-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by darren08 (Post 4040352)
who's headers? where did you get the x pipe? Fabspeed? Cat delete? no cats at all? I have done that on my 85 911 but was not sure you could get away with that on this car without having codes (check engine lights) on?

RSC Header
Custom x pipe
Custom Cat delete pipes
Emission code to be removed via remap but does not affect performance i.e. no limp mode

007 Vantage 02-05-2014 12:48 PM

Correct, Jerry can remove CEL permanently, that's the beauty of a custom tune file that is tailored directly for you car.

Can't wait to hear the results for your tune Vergis, do you have any tuning at all right now? Or is it bone stock software?

Going to take mine back hopefully by end of next week for some more fine tuning for even more performance. It's definitely a screamer now! I cannot even imagine with headers and X-pipe

AXARUNNER 02-05-2014 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vergis (Post 4040418)
RSC Header
Custom x pipe
Custom Cat delete pipes
Emission code to be removed via remap but does not affect performance i.e. no limp mode

How LOUD do you think the final product will be? Please post a video if you can.

No. 400 yea!

Vergis 02-05-2014 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by AXARUNNER (Post 4040643)
How LOUD do you think the final product will be? Please post a video if you can.

No. 400 yea!

X Pipe reduces sound by about 30-40% compared to just leaving in the standard H pipe. So while its loud its not madly loud.

Vergis 02-05-2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage (Post 4040551)
Correct, Jerry can remove CEL permanently, that's the beauty of a custom tune file that is tailored directly for you car.

Can't wait to hear the results for your tune Vergis, do you have any tuning at all right now? Or is it bone stock software?

Going to take mine back hopefully by end of next week for some more fine tuning for even more performance. It's definitely a screamer now! I cannot even imagine with headers and X-pipe

Im running an old map that was done when it was stock standard . It made a slight difference but nothing major. I really want to get a new map done asap and see what figures Eurocharge can give. This could be groundbreaking stuff.

darren08 02-05-2014 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vergis (Post 4040649)
Im running an old map that was done when it was stock standard . It made a slight difference but nothing major. I really want to get a new map done asap and see what figures Eurocharge can give. This could be groundbreaking stuff.

I had the map done last week and the battery I guess has to have a good charge... So he told me to put a battery charger on the car? I said, ok where the heck is the battery? I don't want to look like a fool, however I still didn't find it? where is it? I found the area under the hood where you hook up a charger (at least that is where I hooked it up and it worked) but have been looking online everywhere I can think of and still can't find the location of the battery? Can anyone of you guys help a guy out? I took along time to find the one in my Q5 as wellhilarious

cret 02-05-2014 03:43 PM

The battery is in the shelf behind the passenger seat. Can also plug in the battery conditioner in the boots (cig lighter plug above the fuse box)

darren08 02-05-2014 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by cret (Post 4040690)
The battery is in the shelf behind the passenger seat. Can also plug in the battery conditioner in the boots (cig lighter plug above the fuse box)

I tried to get in there? is there a trick? I also have the conditioner( it came with the car) do I just plug it in the cig lighter plug? To tell the truth I have only had it a short time put a 125 miles on it, have not had time to learn or play with it. appreciate the help!!

AXARUNNER 02-05-2014 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by darren08 (Post 4040697)
I tried to get in there? is there a trick? I also have the conditioner( it came with the car) do I just plug it in the cig lighter plug? To tell the truth I have only had it a short time put a 125 miles on it, have not had time to learn or play with it. appreciate the help!!

There is a plug (lighter type) in the trunk… to the right rear, you will see a panel, open it and voila, you will find it.

As for the rear shelf, there should be a tab in the back center of the carpeted shelf. If not you will have to pry it open. I don't recall but there may be foam insulation on top of it.

Don't you have an owners manual?

cret 02-05-2014 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by darren08 (Post 4040697)

Just plug it in the cig lighter plug - either the center console or in the trunk. Most would suggest to plug it in if not driven 2-3 weeks.

darren08 02-05-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by AXARUNNER (Post 4040706)
There is a plug (lighter type) in the trunk… to the right rear, you will see a panel, open it and voila, you will find it.

As for the rear shelf, there should be a tab in the back center of the carpeted shelf. If not you will have to pry it open. I don't recall but there may be foam insulation on top of it.

Don't you have an owners manual?

no, we kinda... it came in pieces. I found the tab in the back removed it and found the foam. is the battery that small to fit in that 4 inch space? or do you have to remove the back panel to change it.

AXARUNNER 02-05-2014 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by cret (Post 4040711)
Just plug it in the cig lighter plug - either the center console or in the trunk. Most would suggest to plug it in if not driven 2-3 weeks.

NOTE: The one in the trunk is what is recommended by Aston. The cigarette lighter may not be "live" if the ignition isn't on.

I'll take some photographs if necessary…

It's under the foam on the passenger side.