Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

PUR | Aston Martin DBS | 9INE monoblock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
PUR | Aston Martin DBS | 9INE monoblock

Greetings,

Located halfway across the globe in Hong Kong, this Aston Martin DBS is stanced perfectly on a set of
21" PUR 9INE forged monoblock wheels. The wheels are finished in a custom rose gold / anthracite 2-tone finish. The wheels measure 21x9" front and 21x10.5" rear.

Enjoy the photos!

Wheel Experts is the authorized distributor for PUR wheels / PUR Aero.

Please contact us by PM, email at sales@wheelexperts.com or by phone at 760-870-4532 with any inquiries....thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk1.jpg
Views:	1843
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	336394   Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk2.jpg
Views:	2238
Size:	849.2 KB
ID:	336395   Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk3.jpg
Views:	1654
Size:	761.2 KB
ID:	336396   Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk4.jpg
Views:	2367
Size:	838.2 KB
ID:	336397   Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk7.jpg
Views:	3753
Size:	1,013.3 KB
ID:	336398  

Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk5.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	710.1 KB
ID:	336399   Click image for larger version

Name:	astonmartindbspur9inehk6.jpg
Views:	1545
Size:	743.0 KB
ID:	336400  

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Not a big fan of custom wheels generally, but these look very, very nice on this DBS. I never think of gold as a finish to have on a wheel (unless 911 or WRX), but it works here. I guess it's toned down by being a rose gold and not too much of it, just enough to contrast with the black.

Thumbs up!

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 02-19-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Very impressed with the PUR line. Took a hard look at them before deciding elsewhere.

I like this wheel, but not the contrast color on an AM. Black, gunmetal, brushed or no paint shading would be more classy/aggressive.

Put those on a BMW and you've made an image improvement. When you have a Vantage to look at, that's what's special, and IMO the wheel should not draw more attention that the "art" of these cars.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:03 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Looks great. Rear camber looks aggressive.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Not a big fan of custom wheels generally, but these look very, very nice on this DBS. I never think of gold as a finish to have on a wheel (unless 911 or WRX), but it works here. I guess it's toned down by being a rose gold and not too much of it, just enough to contrast with the black.

Thumbs up!
Glad you like!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 11-07-2014, 12:44 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow that is a hot wheel, hot car, and great location. Being Chinese myself, seeing a car in HK makes me feel very nostalgic

Old 11-13-2021, 11:44 AM
CMCFIRM is an unknown quantity at this point
I am curious, what is the front & rear offset on those? Saw this car & really digging it. Potentially considering for my DB9 w/DBS facelift.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:45 AM
Considering how rare that combo is I was thinking this must be the same car as this:
https://gtspirit.com/2013/03/18/space-gray-aston-martin-dbs-with-pur-9ine-wheels/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-13-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:40 PM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CMCFIRM
I am curious, what is the front & rear offset on those? Saw this car & really digging it. Potentially considering for my DB9 w/DBS facelift.

From what I gathered from the owner of that vehicle on here (think his username is anton28) he originally ordered the wheels as you can see in the post after yours, then changed the finish slightly and had them built wider. Lots of money and effort went into them but the fitment is incredible. If you order direct from PUR they wont be those offsets but instead what’s in the white car in this thread.
Regardless, if you have a DB9, the fenders are not as wide as the dbs and the offsets will need to be different to dial in the fitment like the photos you posted.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
From what I gathered from the owner of that vehicle on here (think his username is anton28) he originally ordered the wheels as you can see in the post after yours, then changed the finish slightly and had them built wider. Lots of money and effort went into them but the fitment is incredible. If you order direct from PUR they wont be those offsets but instead what’s in the white car in this thread.
Regardless, if you have a DB9, the fenders are not as wide as the dbs and the offsets will need to be different to dial in the fitment like the photos you posted.
Thanks for the quick reply. Thats why I was looking for the specific offset numbers. I have factory front DBS fenders on the car as of this week. Rear fenders are DB9 rear quarters.Would love to buy that set off the owner since he was selling the car. I hear the wait times for the wheels are long and then with the supply chain mess, I imagine its even worse.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:22 PM
Car is facelifted. Still wondering about those offsets. Can you help?

Old 11-26-2021, 06:39 PM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
Why not just message the owner I mentioned or look up his threads tons of info there… looks like he got a vanquish recently, I think his dbs sold a few years ago so doubt he has the wheels.
the rear offset won’t be helpful for you given the db9 vs dbs rear quarters.

Your car looks great though well done.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
Why not just message the owner I mentioned or look up his threads tons of info there… looks like he got a vanquish recently, I think his dbs sold a few years ago so doubt he has the wheels.
the rear offset won’t be helpful for you given the db9 vs dbs rear quarters.

Your car looks great though well done.
Sorry to bother you. Thought you may have those numbers handy. I tried searching but came up short before asking. Just replied to Anton's thread. Hoping he can fill me in.

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you have a great rest of your holiday weekend & good luck with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales!

Cheers!

Old 12-01-2021, 11:53 AM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Not only were the rear rims redone twice to assure this fitment, but they were also built in a 12X12.5 which I was told won't fit on Aston, but we got it done. On top of that, the rear tire used was a 345/25/21, not a 325/21/25, which is what you would typically see but has too much stretch for me. The 345/25/21 is a euro spec tire and is not available in the US. Tire size does affect the final look and more importantly, fitment. Also, let's not forget the stance. Those are not lowering springs but modified OEM coilovers. The write-up of the mod can be found in the link below. Camber has a huge play in this as well. You bring the wheel in a .25 inch for every negative degree of camber, which affects how aggressively you can go on the wheel backspacing and offset specs.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...coilovers.html

Over 6 months of effort and a lot of $$$$ went into this setup. Two sets of rear wheels, a number of different tire sizes were ordered for testing, and even the final wheel was shaved down by mm after production to make sure it was perfectly lined with the top of the fender. I just went through the same process to fit the Brixton wheels on my Vanquish.

I'm here to help with your journey and answer any questions you might have, but this is not an off-the-shelf build. Get yourself a tire fitment tool, order up a few different tire sizes and start measuring!

Old 10-07-2023, 02:25 PM

Finally, I have a set. After 3 years of searching.

Bought a pair of 21" out of LA and they are currently en-route to NJ.

Looking forward to the PUR 9ine DBS look...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-07-2023 at 06:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PUR | Aston Martin DBS | 9INE monoblock