Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

anyone have a contact at RSC?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:20 PM
action-ant is on a distinguished road
anyone have a contact at RSC?

Hey guys,

I tried calling them but I can't leave a voicemail message on their main line. I also tried calling Hershel but his voicemail isn't setup. I'm trying to get status on an order I placed.

Thanks for any help.

Anthony

Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM
dallasbaker is a jewel in the roughdallasbaker is a jewel in the roughdallasbaker is a jewel in the rough
Keep trying. I had to call a few times, but he did call me back. You may also try his email.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the tip. I did email a few times but no luck so far. Will keep trying.

Anthony

Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
i bought my front spoiler from them. Keep trying...it took me a few calls to get the guy. There is a woman who takes calls on a regular basis...

Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 PM
atlvantage is on a distinguished road
I can get in touch with Hershel. I'll let him know you're looking for him.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to dig this up from the grave. Is anyone able to get ahold of Hershel Zelcer or Brent Martini? I bought a Livetune Mobile ECU product in 2014, and was told I could get future reprograms for $150. After a few emails from William today (CEO @ RSC Tuning), it turns out this is a product that was owned by Racing Sports Concepts, not RSC Tuning (who ended up buying their domain name). Apparently Racing Sports Concepts and RSC Tuning are different entities and I so happened to purchase filters and ECU tune from Racing Sports Concepts during this transition period. What makes this even more confusing is that I received emails from both Erik and Hershel at the time of purchase with the @rsctuning address, so I had no clue what was happening in the background, and that one company was closing their business or being absorbed, etc. I would not have purchased this product, had I known there would be no future support for it. I explicitly asked Hershel about the availability of future reprogramming maps and was told it would be available for $150.

I'm now at a loss for what to do. The tune is supposedly good for 200 cell cats, but if there are additional modifications, it wouldn't be possible to reprogram, since the current RSC Tuning entity has no record or knowledge of this product from Racing Sports Concepts. Any help or advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Anthony

Old 01-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Stuart at VelocityAP used to be with RSC, maybe he can help you?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I see on the new RSC site they use the LiveTune unit just like the old Racing Concepts .. Don't think I'm understanding?..is the new RSC not willing to offer a new file for purchase to work on your LiveTune or just they won't give it up for $150?

If correct to both..usually these are slave units locked to a Master unit... Until the Master unit unlocks the slave.. Your unit won't be allowed to update with new software.

I know Velocity uses a Powergate 3 with in house software(Velocity is now in Canada and software is developed in house..so yes with its done with Velocity in Canada, not with a remote place in Europe)..

Usually when you get a tune, it's a Stage 1..which is generally everything you can get for a stock to mild molded engine..the tune would be good for aftermarket airfilters and/or cold air intake+exhaust muffler +any special requests like catalyst delete. This tune would basically adjust spark, fuel, and torque limiter+disable your catalyst delete.

So I guess the question I really have is...what else are you looking to modify in your tune being it should of already been adjusted/done?...that's unless you've installed exhaust headers and need to tune something like the 02 sensors?

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Hey Irish,

It looks like the old Racing Sports Concepts had an OBD plug in device that reprogrammed the ECU. At the time of purchase, I emailed back and forth with Hershel about the possibility of future maps if I decided to add additional modifications, to which he said additional maps would run $150.

The Livetune mobile device sat for two years, never got around to installing it. A forum member was interested in buying it, asked about future maps, and they said that RSC themselves said they required the actual ECU to be sent back for reprogramming. I sent an inquiry to RSC, at first chatted with Erik about future reprogramming. He replied back with a picture asking if my module looked like the device shown in the picture. The picture showed an orange module (mine is black). I replied back with a picture showing what I received from Hershel. Erik's response was "I have never seen one of those in the wild-only a picture that may have even been a render." Then he clarified that "Hershel was part owner of Racing Sport Concepts which has no affiliation with RSC Tuning LLC. Unfortunately RSC Tuning has not sold that particular product and as such we are unable to support it."

What was super frustrating and confusing about all of this, was during my email discussion with Hershel, his email address was from an @rsctuning address, and a few months later, I had some emails from Erik, also with an @rsctuning address. From my perspective, I had no idea one entity was no longer in existence, and another business took over their name.

I responded back with a copy of an email with me and Hershel, where I explicitly asked for future product support and the ability to get additional maps. Hershel replied yes. So I spent $1800 for the live tune mobile device.

I then got an email from Will (CEO at RSC Tuning), explaining that he purchased the domain name, but he has no relationship with the supplier of this device. We went back and forth, I expressed my confusion about what happened 2 years ago (who was who, when did this all happen, what did Hershel know and why would he sell me the device if he knew it was no longer going to be supported, how come everyone was emailing from the same domain, etc). Will further clarified that RSC was simply a re-seller of the live tune product, not a manufacturer. I responded that it was marketed and communicated as an RSC product. In fact, I remember there was a claim for insurance protection against any engine damage with their tunes. My final point was that the transition from one company/owner to another was completely invisible from my point of view, so imagine my surprise when I am told two years later that "we do not support this device". I also asked if there was a way for a consumer to know whether products are actually designed in-house versus outsourced/relabeled. I didn't get a response. Maybe companies won't ever divulge such things. I feel a bit deceived.

TLDR: I explicitly ask about product support, and was told yes. Company goes under, another company takes over, and takes over the same name and email domain. All of this happened around the same time I buy the device. New company says "sorry, we can't help you with that device you bought".

Will did offer to sell me their new ECU tune, but I'm selling the car, and the whole issue I have with everything is that I bought this live tune device with an expectation of some product support and ability to add future maps. I don't expect 10 year product support, but two years and there's no possibility of future maps? Doesn't feel right.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Yea...but mine didn't have the fancy RSC stickers--when I bought it, Hershel said they were just about to release them, so mine may have been before the stickers were ready. I think shortly after, they had an orange colored one for a brief while (Erik @ RSC sent me a picture showing an orange colored one).