Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Getting a PPI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Getting a PPI

Hi guys,

I'm interested in this Vantage that's in another state.
They're willing to ship to LA where I want to have it inspected.

Any recommendations on where to do this in the LA area?

Thanks!

Last edited by Bleen; 02-21-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:59 PM
nycabman will become famous soon enough
Used Dennis from autodocs inspection out in la for a defender that I bought out there, he was amazing. Very responsive, complete, thorough, and sent a complete detailed report within 24 hours of doing the inspection. He even brings his own lift to get under the car. Sent at least 25 pics in and out and under. Highly recommend. Tell him jason with the yellow defender recommended him.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

Does anyone know these guys?
http://www.britisheurotech.com/

They have great reviews on Yelp, they're close to my workplace, and they specialize in Aston. Was in the phone with them today and sounded knowledgeable and attentive, plus great prices.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 PM
dtolo1 is on a distinguished road
Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Right, but ideally I'd like not to use an official dealership (I'm cheap like that).

Old 02-21-2014, 09:35 PM
dtolo1 is on a distinguished road
Fair enough, do as you please.
I was assuming you'd want to take your car there for future services anyway, so may as well have them do the initial PPI.
I've had only good experiences with BH Aston service and can highly recommend them.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Doug at Galpin Aston in LA has serviced my cars and would be well worth an hour or two of labor to inspect the car. That is cheap insurance for what you spend on the car.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:16 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Was just at Galpin. Real professionals. Would be very comfortable using their services

Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Related: Is there any way to check the clutch wear?

Old 02-23-2014, 05:20 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Not really. On a manual car you can test to see if it slips but is not indicative of "remaining life"

Old 02-23-2014, 11:01 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
My independent mechanic is Raging Bull Performance in Cost Mesa. This is basically the go-to alternative to Newport Beach AM Dealership. I've been going there for 3 years and have had good experiences.
Frank is the owner, and although it's a primary Lambo shop, he's logged time as a mechanic for the AM Dealership, been factory trained, and is always working on an AM. Here's thier website: http://www.ragingbull-performance.com/index.asp

Old 02-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by mfrankel
My independent mechanic is Raging Bull Performance in Cost Mesa. This is basically the go-to alternative to Newport Beach AM Dealership. I've been going there for 3 years and have had good experiences.
Frank is the owner, and although it's a primary Lambo shop, he's logged time as a mechanic for the AM Dealership, been factory trained, and is always working on an AM. Here's thier website: http://www.ragingbull-performance.com/index.asp
Awesome, this is exactly was I was hoping for. Still not nearly as convenient as the one 10' away from work but it gets a +1 from being backed by a forum memeber
I might give them a call for the PPI, unsure about routine maintenance as it'd be an hour drive south...

Thanks!