Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Widest rear tires for vantage v8?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:03 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Bigs and Littles Equals Nose Down

Attached is a picture illustrating the profile of my '07 V8 Vantage Coupe. Modest up-sizing of rear tires raised their C/L about 1/2". Coupled with the custom carbon-fiber splitter, about 1/2" thicker than the OE injection molded part, they yield my objective, a more aggressive, nose-down attitude.

An independent shop realigned the chassis to accommodate my revisions as well as reduce the harshness of the "as delivered" settings. Even greater functional change was achieved with replacement of OE tires and brake rotors with Michelen Pilot SuperSport and Velocity aluminium hat 2 piecers.

Result is a more civilized ride, without affecting suspension travel or signifigantly reducing ground clearance with one exception. That splitter extends an already low, long, hard to gauge, front-end by 3". I approach drive entrances and sleeping policemen slowly and on an angle. Parking blocks are my enemy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment 17 best.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	360451