Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How do you mount things to your windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb How do you mount things to your windshield?

So I have this fasttrack transponder, it's for toll roads. Very useful.
I used to velcro it to the windshield of my previous car but the Aston is too beautiful to spoil with crappy velcro strips.

I thought about buying a sticky pad for the dash and velcro the transponder on there, but after some research I've noticed that the pads are both not recommended for leather dash, and sometimes melt.

Any ideas? How do you stick stuff to your windshield/dash, like dashcams or radar detectors?

Old 04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I bought one for each of my cars. I highly recommend this product. http://tonicconcepts.myshopify.com/c...cts/bold-black

Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Great link, thanks!

Does the sticky pad work well with the leather dash?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:23 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bleen
Great link, thanks!

Does the sticky pad work well with the leather dash?
No idea. I just used the included Velcro to stick it behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side. I don't even see the unit from the driver's seat. The passengers can see it but they see a nice leather-wrapped box.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by programmatore
No idea. I just used the included Velcro to stick it behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side. I don't even see the unit from the driver's seat. The passengers can see it but they see a nice leather-wrapped box.
I guess you can see the white plastic transponder from outside the car though, huh? Oh well, I do have an airbrush...

Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
dtolo1 is on a distinguished road
The Fasttrack box fits perfectly in the step down area of the dash next to the windshield.

I just place the box there (no velcro) whenever I'm driving on the 110, otherwise it stays inside the center armrest.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by dtolo1
The Fasttrack box fits perfectly in the step down area of the dash next to the windshield.

I just place the box there (no velcro) whenever I'm driving on the 110, otherwise it stays inside the center armrest.
Yeah I do this but it slides around like crazy on top of the windshield vents, I'm looking for a better way to quickly toss it in there and it staying in place until my trip is over.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The ones we have in my neck of the woods are large enough that they fit very nicely on the dash, in between the gauge cluster and center stack. It can rest there just fine, but will come down in normal driving. I keep it in the door and then just set it there if I know I'll be going through toll booths.