Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Paint repair and body work suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 AM
nanohead is on a distinguished road
Paint repair and body work suggestions

Well, of course after having the 2009 V8V for only 4 weeks, a piece of steel flew off a car in front of me and dented the hood on the highway yesterday. It was actually a hitch pin from the trailer it was towing. Also bounced off the hood and tore a piece of the leather on the convertible top cover behind the drivers headrest.

So, what does one do when an Aston needs minor body repair? I've seen that there are "Certified" AM body repair facilities, but I don't know how to find them, as the AM website is a bit murky with meaningful info on this.

I'm in Northern NJ, and know some good body shops, but I suspect that the paint is hand sanded. Also, not sure if its a base/clear 2 step or not.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Sorry for your misfortune. If you contact your nearest dealership's service department, they will tell you where the nearest factory authorized body shop that they use is located.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
Joe@MartinoAutoConcepts is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear, let me know if I can help.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
Was this covered through insurance? Will this repair show under carfax reports

Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Nanohead: When my 07 needed repairs I just brought it to the best local body shop in my area and he did a fine job of matching the paint. Northern NJ has many excellent body shops so just take your car to the one you think is the best. The other option would be to have the car repaired through Miller Motor Cars (big hassle) as they have an affiliation with an outstanding body shop that does repairs on Ferrari's Bentleys Bugatti's etc...

Also, you should join the Aston martin Owners Club and join the group for the time trail event at the end of this month... it would be nice to see a fellow Aston owner from NJ there.

Finally: I just had my 2013 Vantage S in for its first service (as well as 3 service campaigns) at Miller Motor Cars at their Stamford CT service facility cost: $1,330.00. While there I was allowed to roam around (I waited) and saw some really cool vehicles begin serviced & PDI'd... including a Bugatti which was having its annual service done... 40 hours @ 159.00 per hour! ($6,360 plus parts!!!). There were McLaren's there, Ferrari's, Maserati's, Astons, Bentleys and several lovely Alfa 8C's. I came away wanting the following cars: Ferrarri 458 & FF, the McLaren 12C and the Alfa 8C... can's afford any of them right now...

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 06-04-2014 at 10:55 AM.