Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Subaru...ricer...bumper-to-bumper traffic...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:03 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Subaru...ricer...bumper-to-bumper traffic...

Yesterday I was on my way home from a typical long day at work, heading up I85 in Atlanta. Traffic is very heavy, and sometimes only creeping along at 5MPH, sometimes stopped, but eventually broke up a little.

I am in the third lane from the left of 6 (7?) lanes. The lane to my right opened up a little and here comes this Subaru that has been apportioned with the combat wing, additional body kit on the front back and sides. He gets right beside me and races his engine, and guns it for a second or two to pull up until he almost rear ends the car in front of him. He does this stuff another 10 mins or so. I pay no attention. He eventually goes around the other side and does it there a couple of times and moves ahead with traffic.

I just shook my head at the idiot. I would have toasted his ricer on the open road.

And this person can vote...

Old 06-06-2014, 06:19 AM
darylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of lightdarylfcf is a glorious beacon of light
people like that are ridiculous! Just going to end up rear ending somebody. but..... if a clear lane opens up, show him the DBS taillights!

Old 06-06-2014, 02:36 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
I hear you! There are a fair number of those kind on the Atlanta roads.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:38 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Maybe...the subaru was trying to activate his own ejector seat ala 007 DB-5 to show you but ended up reving the engine for 10mins. Wiring issue perhaps.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
MTV
MTV is just really niceMTV is just really niceMTV is just really niceMTV is just really niceMTV is just really nice
He could have been heavily modded and ate you for breakfast actually...

Old 06-06-2014, 04:40 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ This. Several months ago I saw a couple of guys in a Subaru WRX in lane next to me and noticed it had gauges in the a-pillar. I thought to myself, here we go, another poser in his ricer car as he revved the engine. When the light changed, I was barely getting my Aston in gear, and the Subaru was already 1/8 mile away. It was impressive how freakin' fast that car was. It's a good thing I was not making any attempt at racing (since I really don't do that sort of thing anyway) or I would've been toast.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:19 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Power is nothing without control! If they need to race the engine and make alot of noise to get noticed, then I consider that showing off. The DBS would have made short work of that car! I played with a DBS a year or so ago with my 300ZX and we had a blast. He was very impressed with my car, but even though I handily out powered his DBS, there is no comparison between a beautiful and elegant balanced exotic like the DBS or the Vantage I now own. My 300ZX made over 620hp at the wheels, it was nothing near the car that the DBS or Vantage is/are. The WRX is in the same class to me, a well balanced, potentially high HP car, but if you have to make noise and clad the car with plastic to make it stand out, then, well...... You are trying to hard to get noticed. Just my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	055.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	383847  
Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MTV
Wow that's really profound. I guess I am really lucky I did not challenge that POS ricer in bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic...

Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 AM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
You should see those types in Miami ... They are all over the place..... I just cruise by and and remind myself not to fall into that trap...

And seriously, did any of us buy AM's to be the quickest car on the block.... Just the coolest car :-)

Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
The annoying for me is when you are cruising along a highway and someone tries to catch you to video the car....while they are driving. I typically do about 75-80mph on a highway so seeing them do 80 while not looking forward is a little concerning. This happens fairly often because you don't see these types of cars often in MD.

One thing I like about my Porsche is that I don't have to deal with these things nearly as much. I personally hate the attention and buy cars because I love driving them not for show, except in my garage

Old 06-08-2014, 10:42 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTV
Quite true. Pointless anyway. Racing on public streets, even if there was no traffic, is a great way to lose your license, double your insurance and pi$$ off your wife.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
On the road or parked you'll never need to say or do a thing from the seat of your Aston. The car speaks for itself. Double-takes looks, photos and an occasional challenge seem to be part of AM ownership. All in all very friendly!