Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Battery Conditioner for 2006 V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Falcon75 is on a distinguished road
Question Battery Conditioner for 2006 V8 Vantage

I'm close to winter hibernating my 2006 V8 Vantage. The garage is ready, my car is spotlessly clean, I've filled the fuel tank and topped it off with a gasoline stabilizer, and inflated the tires to 50psi. The car cover is ready for unfurling. I was getting ready to connect the never-before-used Aston Martin battery conditioner that came with the car and noted that its power "in" male part is designed for the 12 volt receptacle in the tiny coin box on the center console. In short, it cannot plug into a receptacle in the right rear of the car in the boot (as depicted in my owner's manual). Close inspection of that area actually reveals an absolutely empty hole directly underneath the battery disconnect switch in that small compartment. Absolutely nothing behind the hole to connect anything to. Hmmmmmm???? Has anybody out there found something similar? I'm reasonably certain that small variations like this are not unusual even during the same model years and the car's battery won't know the difference regarding the source of the trickle charge, but I'm curious.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have a 2007!Vantage and have the battery condition. Mine plugs into the right rear of the trunk behind a little panel. There is a 12v plug to plug into.
Ron

Old 10-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Jeremyosj is on a distinguished road
I use Ctek MXS 5 and 10.

It has automatic charging protection so I can leave it on for months without worrying about overcharge.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the swift reply. But it's still a mystery to me. There simply is no 12 Volt receptacle in the small compartment in the right rear of the trunk behind the panel. The automobile's owner's manual suggests there should be one. Your 2007 must be this way too. But in my 2006 V8V there's only an empty hole in the frame underneath the battery disconnect button in that location. Absolutely only a hole in the metal frame below the disconnect button. Interestingly, one end of my battery conditioner (which had never been out of its original Aston Martin CTEK box) is designed for the coin box receptacle. It looks nothing like the admittedly basic picture in the owner's manual and more like a power plug for charging a cell phone in an automobile.

Once again, I'm guessing it won't matter a great deal where the charger plugs in as long as it works.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Once again, my surprise is mostly occasioned by the fact that my car appears NOT to have the 12v socket in the small compartment at the right side of the boot. There is simply an empty hole underneath the battery disconnect button. I've looked and looked and probed as far as I can into the space and find no receptacle at all. Nor is there any kind of label. In short, it appears my only option is to use the coin box 12v socket for receiving the battery conditioner. As I indicated, I'm guessing the battery won't know the source of the trickle charge, but I was curious if anybody else had seen this lack of a rear trunk 12v socket. Maybe somebody at the factory forgot to install a simple part years ago!

Old 10-07-2014, 08:57 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Okay here is the language from the Aston guide book that I bought:

"changes to 2007MY

very late 06MY + rear battery conditioner plug changes from unique 3 pin, you now use the rear power socket & the conditioner comes with a common 12v plug"

Hope that clears it up

Old 10-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Mystery solved...I saw the 12v socket higher in the compartment, but was reluctant to use it without confirmation. The V8V is now safely "snoozing" for the winter with battery conditioner connected. Thanks for the help.