Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My new V12V S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:15 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Love the colors, and great info in your comparison!

Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Congrats! What did you do with the old V12? :-)

Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Whoa... Love Silver Birch... perfectly specced. Those wheels... they are OEM right? They look just like the factory wheels. I didn't think HRE's could accept the AM center cap?

again... whoa!

Old 11-14-2014, 04:47 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car and nice tire selection on those HREs...

Old 11-14-2014, 05:02 PM
28911 will become famous soon enough
Congrats!!! Most beautiful car.... the only thing I do not like about the V12V is the hood vents....

Enjoy it to the fullest!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Many thanks for the kind responses.

@ jmargolese - old V12V traded in.

@ axarunner - pics show close ups of HREs and OEM (first one is HRE, semigloss; second one is OEM, matt finish). I had the HREs made for my old V12V and they gave me the option of making the wheel to fit the OEM centre cap. It was great to be able to transfer the wheels across to the V12VS with no issues. The centre caps are also unchanged from the V12V to the S so the new OEM caps just popped right in. The offset of the HREs makes them sit out slightly further, which I think fills the arches better. On the other hand, the OEM V12VS wheels are really nice - the thin spoke design and small centre portion really show off the brakes and maximize the impression of big wheel diameter.

@ AJN334 - will be interesting to get some more extended drives on the PS Cup 2's. Already they feel better to the OEM PZero Corsas - a bit smoother riding and not quite as edgy. Reviews suggest they will out perform Corsas on a circuit as well so here's hoping for some track days next spring!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:30 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Very nice car. I am still in the manual camp as well with my V12 but I wish I could add your adjustable dampers. Maybe Stuart will come up with something.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:16 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
spinecho: Got it... I should have looked closer. If the old wheel tire combo is something you'd like to sell, please PM me. I'm thinking that they wold look nice on my V8S (assuming they'd fit)...

Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Current plan is to keep them in case of future sale or trade in.

Green is the 'correct' colour for Astons and I love it. Is yours BRG? Emerald? Very sharp. My previous V8V was Ghillies.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Rats on the wheels...
My 2013 Vantage S is BRG. My 2007 Vantage was Goodwood

Old 11-17-2014, 12:07 PM
ohTHATeric is on a distinguished road
That BRG is just . . . yeah, wow, that is a GREAT color.

V12Vs is nice too!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:13 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
My, that is a pretty machine.

Originally Posted by spinecho
...And last but not least... the transmission: ...IMO it is ESSENTIAL to imagine you are driving a manual to get the most out of this gearbox. ...
I'm pleased someone else has brought this up, because it took me two weeks to finetune my paddle brain to get optimum and smooth shifts at any speed from my V8V, and I initially wondered - after 50 years of driving - whether I had lost my driving skills.

Then my son drove it a couple of days ago for the first time. Now, he is a highly skilled A-grade technician who has spent all his life in the car business and is a skilled driver too, but it was like riding with a beginner. I felt a bit better after that experience, and was even able to pass on a couple tips to him.

The good thing with a manual or this paddle system is that it makes you a better driver by forcing you to plan ahead... selecting the correct gear BEFORE a corner to be ready for a powered exit, for example. Same thing in traffic. I had followed a Ferrari a few years back, and wondered why he didn't start off immediately following the car ahead of him at the lights. I know now that traffic is usually slow to take off, and the chance of slipping the clutch is high if you move off at the crawling queue speed.

Just little things, but they all add up.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:56 AM
911ist is on a distinguished road
simply gorgeous...trying to find jaw on ground...

Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmargolese
Congrats! What did you do with the old V12? :-)
It actually just got sold to a 60 year old woman..don't tell spinecho though, don't think he knows yet ;-)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 11-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Nice write up bud!! Haha..told you to stay away from our demo or you'll end up ordering one of your own!!

Said it before and will say it again, great combo man, absolutely stunning and well matched!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new V12V S