Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin parts pricing....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Aston Martin parts pricing....

Can anyone provide a clearly articulated reason why pricing is all over the place.

Even at cost, the prices that I'm being quoted are insane.

TAC

Old 11-14-2014, 08:16 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
No economies of scale (for the manufacturer, AML, or dealership) + badge tax because you own an Aston + few options = good luck

Old 11-14-2014, 08:18 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Prices from UK sites include VAT. Prices from US dealerships don't have VAT but have overseas shipping included. Also, USA prices vary based on dollar to pound exchange rates. Finally, each dealer has a percent margin that they tack on for profit. This profit margin is variable and depends on many factors including expected sales figures from the parts department and your friendship level with the parts manager.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:36 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I'm grateful for the FAQ and suggestions from this forum. I've been able to save some money versus paying dealership prices.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:31 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Well, let me elaborate.

I'm being quoted prices at US dealers vs Prices from UK sources.

I've figured that the higher prices in the US, even at cost, is due to the need to ship the parts over. I guess, someone has to pay that prices. The thing is, the dealers in the US then charge shipping to get the parts to you.

In some instances, its works out where I'm ahead but it seem like my best bet is to get my parts directly from the UK source and pay shipping cost directly to my house. Oh yea, there's also import duty on the auto parts that must be paid.

In any event, has any one used

www . scuderiacarparts . com/

or

http://www.astonmartincarparts.com/

Do they provide genuine Aston Martin parts?

Old 11-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Prices from UK sites include VAT. Prices from US dealerships don't have VAT but have overseas shipping included. Also, USA prices vary based on dollar to pound exchange rates. Finally, each dealer has a percent margin that they tack on for profit. This profit margin is variable and depends on many factors including expected sales figures from the parts department and your friendship level with the parts manager.
Sooooooooo, do we order direct from the UK and pay the shipping and import duty, or simply suck it up and order from our dealers?

Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've been ordering all my AM parts from Stuart - he beats my local dealership's prices and it's more worry-free than ordering from overseas.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
I've been ordering all my AM parts from Stuart - he beats my local dealership's prices and it's more worry-free than ordering from overseas.
Understood. I got my porterfield brake shoes from him. I'll get in touch with him going forward.

Thanks

Last edited by terminal_ac; 11-14-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:23 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Get my parts from HWM Aston Martin. Good prices and they give a 10 to 15% discount for AMOC members on top of their low prices. No one on this side of the pond has been able to match them for new parts.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:39 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Astonmartin car parts is a division of scuderia systems. I've bought a number of things from them, first class and rapid service, the parts are OEM, they also give access to online parts fiche so you can know the parts number. Jack Morrad is the guy I've dealt with. They're great to work with, keep you well informed of order status. and my transacctions have been pain free.

Shipping and some adds to the cost but basically the prices are marked up obscenely "because AM can". Granted proprietary parts would be expected to be high due to low volumes, but the obscene markup on the common components, don't understand that.

It'd be great if someone could develop a comprehensive parts cross reference from other marques, volvo, jaguar other fords etc.

Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Well, let me elaborate.

In any event, has any one used

www . scuderiacarparts . com/

or

http://www.astonmartincarparts.com/

Do they provide genuine Aston Martin parts?

Last edited by zvez; 11-14-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Get my parts from HWM Aston Martin. Good prices and they give a 10 to 15% discount for AMOC members on top of their low prices. No one on this side of the pond has been able to match them for new parts.
+100

I've tried shopping around, they can't be beat even after I add shipping, taxes, duty and exchange when I order in to Canada. As an example, I recently had a friend get a 'discounted' quote from my local dealer bc they knew someone in the parts dept. I then called HWM with the same parts list. The cost was <50% of the price I was quoted from my dealer after shipping. Add in tax and duty and it was just over 50%.

There's no point to go to a dealer if you know what you need.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
I have used HWM, astonmartin car part and astonmartin bits, they all are cheaper than dealers in US. It could be as much as 40-50% less even after paying fot shipping and duties.