Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

No daylight driving lights with AMV8 , what??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:24 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
No daylight driving lights with AMV8 , what??

this is a 2006 car friends!!! whats up with no daylight drivinglights????
THE AM has the best lights of any car, yet we cant use only the front accessory lights without the rear lights going on................And, when you use them, you will forget to turn them off with the ignition... so you are forced to use the full light system during daylight time.
too bad....
that's one of two things that kind of bite about the AmV8. no daylight driving light capability, and no Bluetooth music or jack to plug in Iphone.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I like that daytime lights aren't forced upon us. But -- if you want them, I believe it's a fairly easy thing to arrange. Canadian cars must have them, and I think your dealer can program your car for daytime running lights.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My first Aston Martin was special ordered with daylight running lights which I paid a few hundred dollars extra for. I been discovered that just keeping the lights on all the time had no negative affect. I simply don't turn the lights off to begin with and I have daylight running lights!

Old 11-16-2014, 10:02 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XWCGT
THE AM has the best lights of any car, yet we cant use only the front accessory lights without the rear lights going on................And, when you use them, you will forget to turn them off with the ignition... so you are forced to use the full light system during daylight time.
too bad....
that's one of two things that kind of bite about the AmV8. no daylight driving light capability, and no Bluetooth music or jack to plug in Iphone.
First of all, the LED strips on the front light clusters aren't bright enough to qualify for use as daytime running lights which is why the dip beams have to be used for that purpose in markets where they are required. In order to enable the use of the dip beam (low beams) as daytime running lights, the dealer needs to order a configuration file from the factory and then load it onto the car via the AMDS. In those markets (like Canada for example) you cannot get by simply keeping the light switch on all the time because the law requires that the lights always be on with the ignition and the driver/operator does not have the capability to turn them off while the engine is running.

Secondly, the iPod was not introduced until 2001 and the iPhone until 2007. Not many cars had iPod connectivity and probably none had Bluetooth back in 2006; so complaining that a 9 year old car does not have that feature is pretty pointless. All newer Astons have iPod/iPhone connectivity and Bluetooth as standard or optional equipment and Aston went as far as making an upgrade available to older cars as a dealer installed option with full factory warranty which is more than the majority of other car brands would do for an older model.

Why insist on comparing features on a car close to a decade old to those in the market now?

Last edited by karlfranz; 11-16-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:03 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
too bad....
You should buy something else if that is important to you. Maybe a Camry...

Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You should buy something else if that is important to you. Maybe a Camry...

Hey, that's not nice! funny! I guess you are right..... just after a year of wondering about how my chevy Tahoe can have daylight running lights and seeing all the 21 century cars that have it... I just wondered if it can be programmed and I guess it can.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
First of all, the LED strips on the front light clusters aren't bright enough to qualify for use as daytime running lights which is why the dip beams have to be used for that purpose in markets where they are required. In order to enable the use of the dip beam (low beams) as daytime running lights, the dealer needs to order a configuration file from the factory and then load it onto the car via the AMDS. In those markets (like Canada for example) you cannot get by simply keeping the light switch on all the time because the law requires that the lights always be on with the ignition and the driver/operator does not have the capability to turn them off while the engine is running.

Secondly, the iPod was not introduced until 2001 and the iPhone until 2007. Not many cars had iPod connectivity and probably none had Bluetooth back in 2006; so complaining that a 9 year old car does not have that feature is pretty pointless. All newer Astons have iPod/iPhone connectivity and Bluetooth as standard or optional equipment and Aston went as far as making an upgrade available to older cars as a dealer installed option with full factory warranty which is more than the majority of other car brands would do for an older model.

Why insist on comparing features on a car close to a decade old to those in the market now?
Karl, I guess you are right... I guess, my main complaint on the ipod or music thing, is that you would think there would be an aux jack. maybe I can wire in a "T" to the CD player and make a switch of some kind to wire an 8mm jack port so that I can plug in a iphone . the RF box is really not the way to go for good sound , though convenient.

interesting about the lights. I guess that makes sense too. so, the only thing that reprograming will do, that you cant do by leaving the lights on all the time. (which I suppose most of us do anyway) is to deal with the fact that the rear running lights are on all the time too. probably not a big deal. I guess the front headlights and LED tail lights last a pretty long time right?

Old 11-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Speedraser
I like that daytime lights aren't forced upon us. But -- if you want them, I believe it's a fairly easy thing to arrange. Canadian cars must have them, and I think your dealer can program your car for daytime running lights.

thanks!

one thing about the chevys daylight running lights, or headlights, is that you can disable them too by double pushing the interior light button.....
I guess if you enable this feature at the dealer, the light strips would be on for good...... maybe its better to just deal with the fact that the rear LEDs will be on too.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:56 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Karl, I guess you are right... I guess, my main complaint on the ipod or music thing, is that you would think there would be an aux jack. maybe I can wire in a "T" to the CD player and make a switch of some kind to wire an 8mm jack port so that I can plug in a iphone . the RF box is really not the way to go for good sound , though convenient.
I think you need to go back and do some research on the iPod integration. Go look up a link to my thread in the faq. You cannot simply "wire in a T" because the audio devices communicate digitally via a fiber optic network (MOST) in the car.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I think you need to go back and do some research on the iPod integration. Go look up a link to my thread in the faq. You cannot simply "wire in a T" because the audio devices communicate digitally via a fiber optic network (MOST) in the car.

Ill check that out, thanks.... you mean there is no aux jack in the back of the deck.... that fancy port that can have two RCAs come out of it?? heck, there might be a way to tap directly into the pre-amp, right. seems like a simple idea, even if the ipod isn't fully integrated into the control circuit.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:33 PM
anyone got a link handy to Karl's FAQs regarding Ipod integration?

Old 11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
It's a sticky, about 5 threads down from the top. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ect-posts.html

Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Just imported my 2007 Vantage from the US and had to get the DRLs activated to meet CAN regs . I had it done by the dealer I bought the car from and it cost around 400$ for the computer change . I think it was a new Eprom but not 100% certain . Easy answer is yes it can be done if you really want it .