Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2008 V8VR roof cover not closing flush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:14 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
2008 V8VR roof cover not closing flush

It happens every second or third time whenever I open the roof, the cover will come down ok, but sit about 1/2" high on one side. Sometimes I can partially open then close the roof and it will settle flush, but not always.

Is there a reset I can do to correct this, or is it a dealer visit?

I'd take a photo but it's night and the car's outside while I'm having the garage floor recoated.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
The latch on that side is not locking down

Old 11-19-2014, 01:42 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikey k
The latch on that side is not locking down
Off to the dealer then!

Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Just as a followup, before getting the dealer involved I left the roof down for a day, drove round a bit and it fixed itself! It is now flush and almost perfect.

So the urgency is gone, but I will have to get it professionally sorted at some time. Now waiting to see if the fix will repeat itself.