Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12V Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:37 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
V12V Replacement

Hello Everyone!
I haven't been around for a while, as I sold my beloved V12V this past spring.
Well I finally received my replacement after 8 long months of waiting.
She's a little more austentacious than my Aston was, but definitely just as fun!
I haven't been able to do a full test and review because there's already snow and the roads are already too cold for grip, but I will definitely be doing so in the spring!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	992.5 KB
ID:	408300  
Old 11-23-2014, 03:39 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
An interior shot.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	408301  
Old 11-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Wow, nicely done! Very jealous!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:05 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
WOW! That's beautiful! Great colors and one hell of a car!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:21 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Beautiful. Congrats on not getting your stereotypical red/tan Ferrari. I love the colors and the interior.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:34 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
Very nice

Old 11-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
By the way, I can break that car in for you over the winter. I'd even do it for free. Probably best to have someone (me) stretch it's legs at least on a weekly basis.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everybody!
The Speciale has a lot of real jagged lines, and I thought a metallic color was much better suited for showing the changes in light. I was told by a lot of people that red and tan was an absolute must for resale, but I've always bought my cars based on what I like.
I'll tell you though; specc'ing every detail like the body color, Caliper color, wheel color, stitching color, seat color and material, seat insert color and material, rev counter color, etc., etc., is truly an agonizing experience!
And then you wait almost a year to see if your choices turned out as you imagined, or if you might have made a mistake. But that is definitely part of the Ferrari (and Aston) order process; suspense and theatre!
Now it's just putting enough money aside to buy another AM. My wife still loves the V12V better than anything else we have ever owned.
You've got to appreciate our significant others though, it's tough competing with these mechanical mistresses!

Old 11-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Red is good for resale, but so is Silverstone Grey. Is that what color yours is? It's the other colors that can be a challenge for resale. For example, black F-cars take a while to sell, even at a substantial discount.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:52 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Black was easy to sell

Gorgeous car btw! I really want one and think it will be a sound investment since all Fcars seem to be going the turbo route. This might be the last NA raw V8.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:03 AM
You sold yours quickly Ross? From what I've seen, black scuds sell at at least a $10k-$15k discount and sit on the car web sites for a long time.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:07 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Dope...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Red is good for resale, but so is Silverstone Grey. Is that what color yours is? It's the other colors that can be a challenge for resale. For example, black F-cars take a while to sell, even at a substantial discount.
Yes it's Grigio Silverstone with Nero and Tessuto interior. I was told by numerous people that "re-sale red" is the only Ferrari color to get; but at this price range, I say whatever floats your boat. Why buy something for someone else!
Nero Daytona Metallic is actually my favourite color, but it's just too much work to keep clean. If I could afford a personal detailer to keep it up for me, that's probably the route I would have taken.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Wow congrats! One of my favorite cars (aesthetically that is as I have never driven one). Enjoy sir.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
It is so nice not to see yet another Red Ferrari! The car is for you, not the next owner. You now have what you like, as well you should.
Enjoy.
Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12V Replacement