Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Db 10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:33 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Hmm.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:01 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
A big fat zero.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Norman75
The more I look at it the more I like this car. My only issue is that they will only make 10 of those. I liked that James Bond drove tricked out road cars like the DB5, Vanquish or DBS but now he'll be driving a "concept" car and it's just not the same.
Well said Norman.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:54 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I spoke with my dealer about when they planned production, and he heard later part of 2015. I love the front, side, the back, not sure, yet.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:18 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Perfect shots for comparison, K-F!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
Old 12-08-2014, 09:02 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Figured that'd be the case. Thanks for the link!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM
marioV8V is on a distinguished road
Not a fan of the db10 either. I'm actually quite disappointed if it's a true glimpse of things to come. I do believe that our generation of Aston Martin's will be the last great era of well proportioned and timelessly designed cars.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 PM
forcefed1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Durango
I feel sorry for the designers, how do you follow up the perfectly designed masterpiece that is the current Vantage?
Just think what the Mona Lisa would look like if they had to update it every year.

too funny and I have to agree.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:52 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I'm like Karl. First thing I did was pull up an image of an F-type.

Hey Aston design team, way to fail!

Oh, and cutting an Aston shaped hole in a slab of front bumper doesn't make it look like an Aston front end.

Since when do good looking, memorable Aston Martin's have an effectively horizontal character line wrapping around the front end like (as someone else said) a boat?

This is the first peek at next gen Vantage possibility which I've been eagerly awaiting for years. And now I'm really sad. Where exactly is the One-77 in there? Any Vanquish, any at all? WTF?

Yes, the '04 Vantage reveal set the bar high, very high. The current DB and Vanquish are at least carrying that mantle. This thing is a sad little, 3rd year design student effort. Nothing about that car makes me want it.

What is wrong in the design studio?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Save the pedestrians

All automotive design centers worldwide are wrestling with the same challenge, how to accommodate an European pedestrian impact regulation while continuing to offer an attractive front of vehicle appearance. Higher hoods are the result of choice today.

Remember the 5mph bumper standard of the mid 1970s? Took a while, years in fact and several design iterations, but the appearance problem was effectively resolved.

This new problem will be solved as well.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:05 AM
The One-77 influence can be seen in the side windows. The way they kick up at a significant angle starting at the end of the door with a long incline (vs a gentle slope with an abrupt, short incline starting further back) is directly from the One-77. Yes, it's the same on the DB10 as it is on the F-Type, but the One-77 came out first so I'd bet both the DB10 and F-Type take that styling cue from the One-77.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
Spectre

Just think how much it would cost if they didn't get 10 free cars. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...er-trains.html

Old 12-11-2014, 06:58 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by telum01
The One-77 influence can be seen in the side windows. The way they kick up at a significant angle starting at the end of the door with a long incline (vs a gentle slope with an abrupt, short incline starting further back) is directly from the One-77. Yes, it's the same on the DB10 as it is on the F-Type, but the One-77 came out first so I'd bet both the DB10 and F-Type take that styling cue from the One-77.
Juuuuuusssssttttt barely. And seriously, is there some other, perhaps significant link? How about the stance, the chunky form language, the huuuuaaaaaggeee hole in the side and it's violent strake? Now look at the F and 10, same vent, damn near same language with a slight dialect change.

The One-77 looks wide and brutal, fierce. Borrowing a slight lift line on a part of one piece (ok two) of glass doesn't constitute "influence". No, to say that the One-77 provided anything like "influence" is just too much of a stretch for me.

I think this looks less powerful, less special, less exotic than any Aston I can think of. Perhaps, and I'm really hoping this is true, just perhaps it has more presence in person. I mean, it won't make the grill become any less terrible, but maybe the form feels better.

Fortunately, no on has remembered how I fawned over the first pics of the F-type when it was revealed. My sentiment was "hey Aston, why isn't this the new Vantage." Oh how fickle and hypocritical I can be.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
I think I have noticed something that has hasn’t beenmentioned yet about the DB10. I think its amphibious.

There are no shut lines on the front bonnet (allowingsmoother flow of water over the bonnet perhaps) and the light cluster positionseems to be very low down the bonnet front (important for visibility purposesin deeper water).

Furthermore the rear diffuser extends very high up the rearbumper which could suggest some form of water propulsion in that area.

Its been a very long time since a Bond car has gone underwater.Last time it was the Lotus Espirit being driven by Roger Moore. Goingunderwater would be a change from the usual guns, bombs and crashes that accompanymost Bond car scenes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.