Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Engine cutting out when driving hard - could it be the fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:20 PM
RandysWay will become famous soon enough
Engine cutting out when driving hard - could it be the fuel filter?

Hey everyone,

I have a 2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage and I've been having an issue where the engine momentarily cuts out when driving hard through a canyon/mountainous road, most noticeably when going uphill. Traction control is turned off; it seems like it'll randomly happen whether I'm going left, right or straight uphill. Full of tank of fuel. I feel like this could possibly be related to the fuel filter.

Can someone please link me to where I can buy a new fuel filter for this car, and also where it's located? I can't find any information on it.

Thanks!

Randy

Old 12-22-2014, 02:34 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Might be a bad fuel vapor recirculation line. If so: The rubber hose goes bad, opens up (splits, breaks, something), sucks up fuel, and dumps it into the engine via the intake manifold. Apparently AM quietly fixed the design at some point.

A bandaid solution is to keep at 1/2-tank or less. With a full tank, the problem is more likely because of where the hose sits in relation to the gas in the tank (near the top).

Midway solution is to find a tech that knows how to fix it. It's a pain in the butt to fix because you have to do it one-handed - you can only get one arm into the fuel tank via the access port at a time.

Full monty solution is to replace the gas tank.

Or it could be something else entirely.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:27 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Don't change your fuel filter yet. This is a common problem when the fuel tank is full. Irish07 will answer your question, just wait a couple of days.