Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

wait for next gen or buy now. v8 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 05:04 PM
MikeM3 is on a distinguished road
wait for next gen or buy now. v8 vantage

Looking to buy a v8 vantage. The v8 vantage has been out since 2005 or 2006. It seems the model is well overdue for a next generation.

I heard the next gen is still maybe 1-3 years out ? I am trying to figure out if its smart to buy a v8 vantage now or wait for the next gen. I really don't want to pay a lot of money and to found out in a year a newer and sexy model is coming out.

thanks for any help.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
If you want something that looks like the DB10, then you should probably wait. But if you want a gorgeous design, get it now

Old 01-01-2015, 07:07 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I often have the same dilemma, which is a nice challenge to have such wonderful choices.

My take if you really like the current design and the way it drives, buy it now. Who knows what will occur a year or two out. Even if you waited for the DB10(?), it may be a year for them to shake out the bugs.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:49 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mto
... it may be a year for them to shake out the bugs.
Or the waiting list may be that long. Price of admission to this club is high but something is available for almost anyone's wallet.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
You could also buy a gently owned car, which has a lot of the depreciation already accrued, then get the new one when it comes out...

Old 01-02-2015, 09:49 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I agree with Bleen.

The next Vantage is 2 years out. The DB9 replacement is coming first, then a year later the next Vantage. You've got plenty of time to enjoy a current-gen V8V, and can decide on the next gen when it's available.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:50 PM
thanks for the help guys. I might pick up a used one to help justify the purchase.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
schred is on a distinguished road
I took the plunge on a new Vantage GT. I love the fact that it is the last of a dying breed of car. Simple , normally aspirated V8, manual trans and not a lot of bells and whistles. Also one of the few cars still assembled by real people who take pride in their work. If AM were to come out with the newer and sexier model tomorrow,, I would have no regrets. The car is perfect, great balance, decent power and in real world driving out in the twisties,, it does everything I want it to do. I can also still work on this car myself and I can only imagine the next generation will be a much more complex car.
I have a feeling that very soon,, there will be no such thing as a basic , normally aspirated V8 powered car with a std transmission.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by schred
I took the plunge on a new Vantage GT. I love the fact that it is the last of a dying breed of car. Simple , normally aspirated V8, manual trans and not a lot of bells and whistles. Also one of the few cars still assembled by real people who take pride in their work. If AM were to come out with the newer and sexier model tomorrow,, I would have no regrets. The car is perfect, great balance, decent power and in real world driving out in the twisties,, it does everything I want it to do. I can also still work on this car myself and I can only imagine the next generation will be a much more complex car.
I have a feeling that very soon,, there will be no such thing as a basic , normally aspirated V8 powered car with a std transmission.
i totally feel you man. I owned a v10 M5 and V8 M3. I love the N/A engines, really not feeling the new M engines. they are so much more emotional in high revving N/A style. I would for sure get a manual also.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:07 PM
ocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to behold
I've been debating between a few options once my lease is up for my 911. I was thinking of a 2011-2012 AM V8 Vantage but with the GT available is there any reason not to go for the GT if I can get a good deal? Isn't the GT going to give me everything I'd get with the used v8 vantage plus more?

Old 01-04-2015, 12:22 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ocgearhead
Isn't the GT going to give me everything I'd get with the used v8 vantage plus more?
Yes.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:39 AM
seastu is on a distinguished road
For the reasons listed above Vantage Gt on order. February production.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:40 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
For the money it's hard to ignore a new GT for close to the $100k mark brand new. New vantage is a long ways away and it probably won't be naturally aspirated. Getting a late model V8VS or a new GT is the want of o (preferable a manual, unless you plan on getting a really good transmission software update)

Old 01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Won't be n/a and, last I heard from someone with direct ties, no manual.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:01 AM
you guys think the car will get dated exterior styling wise ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wait for next gen or buy now. v8 vantage