Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

World Challenge Round 1: Circuit of the Americas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
-G-
-G- is on a distinguished road
Stuart, I'm in downtown Austin. When are you planning on being in town? There's a little meet & greet at the local dealer on Thursday with TRG if you're available.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by -G-
Stuart, I'm in downtown Austin. When are you planning on being in town? There's a little meet & greet at the local dealer on Thursday with TRG if you're available.
I don't arrive until late Thursday. Just had an email off someone else who's interested in meeting at the track, will put them in touch with fbiguy who I think is going to co-ordinate something at the track.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 PM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
I am still scrambling a bit to get arrangements for myself but the kind of information yet to be determined doesn't seem too daunting.

I will share what I plan on doing and adjust to whatever the group wants to do. It looks like it's a wash to get the weekend pass as opposed to individual day passes, especially since it appears that it includes grandstand access. With the recent wet weather, it might also be worth it to not have to spend much time on the grassy hills.

I figured I would wait to hear back from others before signing up for parking in the Car Corral, even though I am tempted just to get in on that parade lap.

Anyone who wants to be included in joining up can PM me and I can provide my e-mail address and phone number.

Hopefully I can nail down some more details before the weekend, like.... which part of Lot A to look for everyone to park next to...what seating section to meet in once we are there...what meals would everyone like to group up for and where to go...and the icing on the cake would be joining Stuart for a trip to see the team.

Stay tuned and I will do my best!

Kevin

Old 03-06-2015, 08:04 AM
fbiguy is on a distinguished road
Just a quick update since I just got off the phone with the nice people at the track. Since it's a general admission event, everyone will have access to the grandstands. I will start out in section 118 and move as we join up with everyone else. I missed out on joining the car corral, so I will try to find a spot toward the back of the lot (closer to 812) in case everyone wants to park up close.

Hope to see everyone out there!

Old 03-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
http://www.world-challengetv.com/

All set for live broadcast tomorrow. The LG Motorsports GT4 is running well and looks to be in the hunt.

Hope to post some live updates to our Facebook & Instagram feeds tomorrow. For those who are attending, give me a call, I'm going to try and get some passes to get you into the paddock and check out the cars if I can.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-07-2015, 06:11 PM
hiowin is on a distinguished road
It was a great day at COTA. It was a pleasure meeting you Stuart and Kevin. Thanks again Stuart for the tour in the paddock area. I felt like a kid in a candy store today. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

-Au Nguyen

Old 03-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks guys, was great to meet all of you today. Think there were 6 Aston Owners in total that I got to connect with.

The race was an uphill battle today. Car stalled on the starting grid, Lou fought back through the pack from 20th to 10th, and was still making up ground but had to come in to check a warning light that turned out to be erroneous.

Was then booked for speeding in the pitlane (we're not sure about that one!!?) and had to serve a drive through.

But the car ran well, laptimes were good and still learning more about how to make them go that little bit quicker.

Tomorrow's forecast is a little iffy, could be interesting!!!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Report from Sunday:

Was a wet race, so WC elected to run a rolling start. Lou started in 12th Position based on finish placing from Race 1.

The race started cleanly, tons of spray and everyone arrives at turn 1 at COTA at seemingly the same time. But all got round cleanly.

We were moving up through the field and making ground nicely when one of the Camaros spun and rejoined the track behind us. In an overambitious attempt to get past, he dove down the inside at quite some speed differential and struck the Left Front wheel, breaking the tie rod.

The crew worked hard to get it changed, but the inner section wouldn't come loose. Lou was classified 18th at the end, but scored some points for running.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8592/...4fbeb9a8_o.jpg

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Sorry about that outcome! Better luck at the next one!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:12 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
No matter the position, the car looks amazing

I will be going to the Long Beach GP so I'd like to meet you guys if possible. Will also follow up in the Cali thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:46 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I streamed the race though sorry it didn't go the teams way. I'm sure it was great to get the car on the track in helping to be ready for the next event. Pics are great!

I'll be back in Plano the end of next week though not sure if I'll be able to catch the race car in their shop.

Cheers,

Dave

Old 03-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
I streamed the race though sorry it didn't go the teams way. I'm sure it was great to get the car on the track in helping to be ready for the next event. Pics are great!

I'll be back in Plano the end of next week though not sure if I'll be able to catch the race car in their shop.

Cheers,

Dave
Don't worry Dave. I'm sure there will be lots of chances to see the cars.

Also, I met with the AMOC rep for the area, and talked to a few of the guys that turned up and I think we might be putting on a track day in the fall, probably at Motorsports Ranch.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
hiowin is on a distinguished road
Great pictures Stuart! Glad I made it out last weekend to check it out. Good luck on the next race!