Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Installing clear tail lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:23 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Installing clear tail lamps

Someone told me that clear tails needed to be reprogrammed when installing, is that true? I have a set of new OEM clear tails I want to install on my 07 Vantage, and if an independent shop can do it other than the dealer (who would have access to any software), it would be great!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
The ECU needs to be reprogrammed in order for the dash to let you know if a bulb goes out. Clear tails will still work fine on an 07 without the reprogramming, but you won't know if a bulb is out - that's it. At least, as far as I know.

You'll need to decide if it's worth it or not to update the software. My dealer had to charge for the software since they said AM made them purchase it from them directly and it was tied to my VIN. It was around $90 for the software if I remember correctly. I had them do it when they did the tails and the diffuser on my 07.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I seem to recall something about 4-way flashers possibly being affected too. Maybe try those before deciding to update software?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:05 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info I wonder if it's possible to install the lights elsewhere and then bring to the dealer for the reprogramming later? How much should it cost total? Or is it better to just do it at the dealer in case anything goes wrong?