Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Please elaborate.
I copied the relevant points

What Types of Antique Cars and Collector Vehicles Does Grundy Worldwide Insure?

Exotics

Applicants and Operators Listed/Insured on the Policy Must:
Have no more than two tickets
Have no DUI in past three years
Have no more than one accident (at fault)
Keep all collector vehicles in a locked garage when not in use
All household operators must have a different vehicle insured for daily use
Have no driver or operator of the collector vehicle under the age of 25
http://www.grundyworldwide.com/qualify.aspx

Old 05-26-2016, 09:44 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I copied the relevant points

http://www.grundyworldwide.com/qualify.aspx
Yeah, that looked great, until you click on the link for all the detailed eligibility requirements.

http://www.grundyworldwide.com/pdf/EligibilityReqs.pdf

take a look at #9.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, that looked great, until you click on the link for all the detailed eligibility requirements.

take a look at #9.
I just got off the phone.

Me and my Aston are approved with Grundy and I paid by CC.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:14 PM
vince321 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by randyb
Geico won't insure my DB9, because of a HIGH payout previously (Lotus got totalled $50k +), which other drivers insurance paid out.

Insurance is such a racket, they are so in bed with each other, not really sure if there is any GOOD companies.
I have a previous accident where the payout was $50k so hagerty, grundy, american modern will not cover me.

Can anyone recommend another company?

thanks

Old 05-18-2017, 01:31 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
State Farm, but expect to pay, I'm at $340/month with no accidents [just bad tickets]. Travelers and Liberty Mutual both write higher risk policies. Try any of the bigs.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 AM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vince321
I have a previous accident where the payout was $50k so hagerty, grundy, american modern will not cover me.

Can anyone recommend another company?

thanks
I use state farm, I'm at $180 a month to cover my DB9. But I've got no accidents or tickets.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:18 AM
I renewed my Aston and added the M3 to the policy with Grundy last week.
Both cars full covered with unlimited mileage $1049/ 12 month.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:46 AM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
I went with Allstate for now. Geico will insure them too but depends on the State you are in apparently. Geico is only about $36/month for Full Coverage on our 2 BMWs. They would not insure the Aston at this time. We pay about $75 a month with 1K Deductibles on the Aston with Allstate.

I have a quote from Grundy which was $593/Year which I believe was just for the Aston.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I'm with GEICO too, half the cost of State Farm.

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 05-19-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...try All State..new policy just came in...full coverage for around $ 1450 a Year.. for AM & 99 Catera....Geico I used for years and years...but would not insure in NJ for me.
No disrespect but if older guy.try AARP I was told they cover AM cars...
Good luck

Last edited by Aldv; 05-18-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
I just switched to Safeco and insured three of my cars (Aston, Ferrari and Porsche) for a total cost of $1,236 for all three. Same coverage as my former policy for these cars, which cost several thousand more. Only hitch is that you need to have another car as a daily driver which isn't a problem for for me.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:40 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

take a look at #9.
I have Porsche Boxster annually at $295 and Aston at $499 annually thru Grundy. Stated Value and no mileage caps... I have several other cars as Daily Drivers

Old 06-05-2017, 02:48 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by out-motoring
I switched to Geico (had been with USAA for 21 years) and my bill went DOWN $200 (to $275) a month AFTER adding the Aston!!!

How does this make sense?
Does anything that starts with "Government" ever make sense?

I have to get me one of those clean driving records!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Out-Motoring...it does make sense. Most insurance companies know from your history if you will complain or play if they increase your rates
Next the insurance companies know from running your credit record if you can afford more.

My was the opposite of yours...with GEICO for too long...charging me 800 a year for a stupid catera...when I added AM car...told me do not cover...

I went to Allstate...covered AM full coverage and Catera- limited coverage for only 1400 a year.

My wife laughed and told me change insurance companies every three years...at the least tell them you are looking...My Wonderful wife did this in our company a few years ago...better coverage and a savings of over $ 11000.00 a year.

Currently after feeling like a fool...I questioned my homeowner's insurance company when I got my renewal...sure enough I am currently changing and saving over $ 600.00 a year.

Sometimes wife's are smarter on everyday things... insurance companies pretend to be our lovers but actually just bad Mistresses..

Evening

Old 04-24-2018, 12:25 AM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
hey guys, i thought i would add that i had EXACT same issue as the OP. was able to get several quotes from GEICO but after buying the car, they told me it couldn't be insured. thanks to fellow responses here, i gave them a call and asked to speak with an underwriter. they were able to insure me now. apparently different state also play out differently. here in California, the underwriter told me that they have to insure me because there're so many different cars in CA.

hope this helps. i am now a new proud owner of a new-to-me 09 V8 Vantage sportshift.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?