Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just picked up 3rd Vantage

Old 09-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Very nice! Enjoy!

Old 09-12-2015, 06:21 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not to be outdone by Karl

Karl, I thought that I'd go one up on you as a dedicated Vantage GT owner, and I thought your additional yellow graphics was simply not enough to show dedication:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Karl.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	428077  
Old 09-12-2015, 06:32 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Sexy.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
After a few hours with the GT

So now that I've become familiar with the GT compared to my 09 and 07 prior Vantages, these are my initial observations:

Noise:

The 07 had this wonderful, almost Ferrari-like sound inviting spirited driving.

The 09 had no noise - really taking away from the experience of having an Aston (no sports exhaust).

The 15 GT has a very different sound like an American deep rumble, better than the 09 of course, but not as good as the 07.

Comfort:

The 07 and 09 had hard seat bottoms - these are wonderfully more comfortable.

The 700W Stereo seems better - maybe they have better speakers or maybe it's just because the car is new.

Steering - that changed, but no opinion, I liked them all.

Rear cam - I have a long winding driveway - a godsend.

GPS - have not used it - thought the 07 was just OK, the 09 much better.

Glass buttons - now that I have them I can see why they are work the extra $750.

Bluetooth - 1000% better - I no longer have to talk slow and scream.

Mirror and nav screen operation seem butter smooth, the 09 and 07 seemed less solid operation.

Weight:

For some reason the GT seems heavier, but it does accelerate stronger but the sensation of quickness seems just a wee bit less. This could also be because it's new and tight compared to my 43,000 mile 09, which just seemed lighter.

Style:

The 09 was classier, but the new style has been growing on me. I do miss the chrome bits, and I really like the grey interior. Looking at Karl's pictures with the same grey and black inserts I have I thought how awful and was going to do some custom work like my 09 to get rid of the black, but in actual real world, it actually looks OK... good even.

My favorite color was my 09 Meteorite with Sandstorm interior - hard to give that up, but the Alloro Green and grey interior is not too far below that.

Sportshift:

Much different than the 09. No longer have to sit and wait guessing when the kiss happened. The older Sportshift needed just a touch on the pedal to get moving, this one needs a dedicated push on the pedal, which I liked the older one better for that, but the new one emulates a manual I think better.

Shifts are much smoother using manual paddle mode... I use [D] for about a minute - still awful.

Does seem far more refined. Just different - I'll get used to it.

Black grill and hood vents - like the chrome better (just my taste).

In general you can sense the upgrades - not a major change, but overall you can tell refinements. Enough to spend another $50K to upgrade to a GT? Well, at 63 years old this may be my last Vantage, so why not?

Old 09-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Karl: You in or near VIERA?

Old 09-12-2015, 09:45 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Prefurbia,
That was an informative piece on your new GT.
Great colors and options.
Why not a 6M?
I recently purchased a new 2014 Volcano red/black leather with a manual transmission. Absolutely love it
Enjoy

Old 09-12-2015, 10:32 AM
I've had both, a manual and a sport shift... Prefer the sportshift

Old 09-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Prefurbia,
I have a late 2014 V8V with 6M.
Are there any differences between the 2014 and 2015.
Thanks

Old 09-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Not sure maybe Karl knows?

Does your radio have a BT bluetooth mode?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I know that I have an excellent blue tooth system.
What is BT radio mode?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:16 PM
On your radio, you should see USB AUX the two SIRIUS, AM FM snd BT - the BT is bluetooth plays from my IPhone

Old 09-12-2015, 05:27 PM
My radio clearly doesn't have the BT program.
So there is at least one difference.
BTW I like the GT without the graphics

Last edited by larryg; 09-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Of the 40 GT's that were for sale, i wanted a lighter color, non-black interior, no graphics, and sportshift... This was the only one. I think it originally had the graphics, but was the removable type. I'm second owner.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Enjoy your new toy

Old 09-12-2015, 08:24 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
very nice , looks like Aston did very good job on the GT, enjoy

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up 3rd Vantage