Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Front side market light bulb?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 AM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
Front side marker light bulb?

Hi,

My front side marker (amber) light bulb went out on my 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. This is the amber side marker on the driver (front) side. I called the dealership and they said they have to replace the entire housing since its LED. I have a hard time believing this. I would've guessed it would be just a light bulb. No? Do you know what light bulb part number this would be? Please help!

Although I'm thinking of getting these eventually, this is the location of the bulb.
https://www.vcollection.com/products...r_Side_Markers

Thank you for your help!
Manton

Last edited by mantonkroh; 09-21-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
It's not LED. They must've misunderstood it to be the lights in the main pod. It is simply a matter of removing a few of the screws that hold the wheel well liners in place and replacing the bulb which you can find at any auto parts department. Good luck trying to get the clear lights from V Collection. They have had a problem finding a supplier so they never have any available for sale.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much KarlFranz! I knew there was some sort of disconnect with the dealership and myself.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
It's not LED. They must've misunderstood it to be the lights in the main pod. It is simply a matter of removing a few of the screws that hold the wheel well liners in place and replacing the bulb which you can find at any auto parts department. Good luck trying to get the clear lights from V Collection. They have had a problem finding a supplier so they never have any available for sale.
Hey Karlfranz, quick question. I'm trying to replace the bulb. I got as far as removing the wheel well liners and am currently at the bulb itself. I removed the back "connector" which has the wires (by pushing down the small lever) but the bulb is attached to a housing which I need to remove from the wheel wheel itself. I am trying to figure out how to remove it. I don't know whether I pull it out or twist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mantonkroh; 09-21-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:36 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Twist and pull IIRC.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:43 PM
It worked! Many thanks!