Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 06:14 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Marcos - this is a very interesting project! Good luck with it and have fun! I like what you are doing!

Vince - nice suspension! I believe I will be moving forward with an R1 or R3 very soon.

Cheers!

Old 10-25-2015, 09:41 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vince_1972
@telum01: I'll install coilovers Nitron in five weeks, I'll give you feedback

Looking forward to it, Vince! Thanks!!

Old 10-26-2015, 07:08 AM
Marcos AMV8 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Montana107
Marcos - this is a very interesting project! Good luck with it and have fun! I like what you are doing!

Vince - nice suspension! I believe I will be moving forward with an R1 or R3 very soon.

Cheers!
Thank you mate! Lets see Vince opinion about it! Like you im gonna install it soon! Do you think we can ask prices together? Maybe we can do it together and get a discount

Old 10-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SUFitness
Wow what a project you have going. Thanks for sharing with us.

Do you have any updates on the fitment of the OYA carbon parts?

And sorry if I overlooked it, but how long did it take for the parts to arrive?
Thank you man! Its a pleasure for me help all of you if I can
Today they starting to dismount the hood and see how fit the carbono one, will inform you in every step they do

Parts delay a little due holidays in Chine and production times, takes about a month and a half to finish the parts. Anyway they aware me about that fact and send me apologies for the inconvenience.
After that they send me the parts via TNT with a price of 450 Euros, two heavy large boxes, for me a very reasonable price

It took about 10 days to arrive here, maybe one o two less, I don´t remember very well

Hope it helps you

Old 10-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marcos AMV8
Thank you mate! Lets see Vince opinion about it! Like you im gonna install it soon! Do you think we can ask prices together? Maybe we can do it together and get a discount

I have sent Nitron UK some questions to be sure everything meets my needs and will hopefully hear back soon. I like the idea of a bundled buy but I want to be true to Stuart @ VelocityAP since he has been very helpful. I will stay in touch

Old 10-26-2015, 08:04 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Montana107
I have sent Nitron UK some questions to be sure everything meets my needs and will hopefully hear back soon. I like the idea of a bundled buy but I want to be true to Stuart @ VelocityAP since he has been very helpful. I will stay in touch
please keep us in the loop. i'm definitely interested, might be a few more as well.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Thumbs up Hood installed

Hi guys! Today they installed the hood, fit almost perfect you can see the screws fits in the right position and all look fine. There is only a elevation in the sides ant the rear end of 1 mm or maybe 1 and a half, but when painted I think will be less visible but for me isn´t a problem. Also there is a little water spot, I don´t know how do you say that in english, that I make it more visible taking the photo with the reflect of a light in the roof, but asi I going to paint it I don´t care.

The vents are over the radiator cover in the front so I thing Im gonna cut the cover a little but will be just 5 cm I guess because there is a beam above it.

Also you can see the hood pins I buy from aerocatch to secure the hood, you may know that the carbono hood clamps could lost rigidity and can get a slap in the windshield so better aware of that Anyway I look the racing look it brings to the car. Im gonna paint them in the car color because in black may be too many things over the hood and also because them came in false carbono and I though that were real one Anyway in carbono may be also too recharged

Anybody knows if the rain pass throw the vents could affect to the engine as cooling it too quick and affect the cilinder heads for examlple?

Im gonna modify the original hood and transform in into a racing bonnet like the last photo

The origonal one is full aluminion, isn´t it? Or have some kind of aleation?

Attached Images           
Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
Wow! Amazing and beautiful! Please try on the diffuser and splitter. If they work well I will buy. That you for serving as the tester. . I owe you a beer!

Old 10-30-2015, 01:19 PM
bunob is on a distinguished road
Nice project !

Old 10-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Looking good! Did you happen to weight the OEM hood and carbon fiber hood for a weight comparison?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mantonkroh
Wow! Amazing and beautiful! Please try on the diffuser and splitter. If they work well I will buy. That you for serving as the tester. . I owe you a beer!
I would next week, on monday is holyday here, they are dismounting both front wings to install carbon side strikes and after that they should do that

Old 10-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by telum01
Looking good! Did you happen to weight the OEM hood and carbon fiber hood for a weight comparison?
There is no weight scale at workshop but should be about half the weight of the OEM, when opening the hood without the springs is real easy to lift it

Old 10-30-2015, 09:57 PM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marcos AMV8
I would next week, on monday is holyday here, they are dismounting both front wings to install carbon side strikes and after that they should do that
Awesome! Looking forward to it! Thanks.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:22 AM
Kevwood is a jewel in the roughKevwood is a jewel in the roughKevwood is a jewel in the rough
It looks like the hood fits extremely well for being an aftermarket piece, generally they aren't too good in the figment, a mm lift is not bad at all. How is the fitment side to side, that being the consistency of the gap along the fender from windshield to grill?

I had a custom CF vented hood made for my CLK project and I was extremely happy, just remember to fit the hood, drive it a week or so to let it gas. You'll see the glass finish diminish and see some weave ripple form in the clear, then sand it down, paint and clear. I refinished every carbon piece I ordered, absolutely perfect years later still.

Last edited by Kevwood; 10-31-2015 at 03:24 AM. Reason: iPhone spelling gremlins, as usual
Old 10-31-2015, 05:17 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevwood
It looks like the hood fits extremely well for being an aftermarket piece, generally they aren't too good in the figment, a mm lift is not bad at all. How is the fitment side to side, that being the consistency of the gap along the fender from windshield to grill?

I had a custom CF vented hood made for my CLK project and I was extremely happy, just remember to fit the hood, drive it a week or so to let it gas. You'll see the glass finish diminish and see some weave ripple form in the clear, then sand it down, paint and clear. I refinished every carbon piece I ordered, absolutely perfect years later still.
Side to side has a perfect firment, a straigt line that maintain same width along both sides

Ok I understant, maybe with the heat of the engine the hood exudates epoxy vapors and appear waves My intention was to paint it in the car colour and left the vents in carbono (like in the photo) but I will trusth you and drive it for a week or maintain the engine on for a few hours every day at workshop before paint it to avoid do it twice

Thank you very much for the advice

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My full Carbon order for my V8 Vantage is here!