Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Black cover on manifold on V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:42 PM
clrthompson is on a distinguished road
Black cover on manifold on V8 Vantage

Hi -- Can anyone tell me why this is black on this car? (See pictures in link below.) All the other ones I've seen are silver. Is there a difference, and if there is, is it a good thing or bad thing when shopping for one of these cars?

http://www.classiccarstudio.com/1659...antage-V8.html

Old 10-17-2015, 09:16 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Hi!

I actually had a chance to see this car in person the other day. CCS uses the same detailing guy I do and I looked it over a little while it was in their bay and I was in their shop. Very clean looking car!

I noticed this when I saw the pictures on CCS's website as well. The black manifold is from the "power pack". It was an aftermarket OEM option that increased the horsepower by 20 to 400. It involves the black intake manifold, flow controlled valves in the airbox, and an ECU reflash. Not surprised CCS didn't notice this, it's really a rare thing to notice. Funny, I saw it earlier and almost let my detailer know the car had some spec that wasn't on the site. Sharp eye

I'm right up the road from CCS actually. I might be listing my tungsten / 6spd 07' coupe for sale soon, if you're not set on a convertible and wanted another local option. Also, there are a few of us Aston guys that go to the local cars and coffee and sometimes we get together with others for spirited drives.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:08 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Yep. Though, it was not an "aftermarket" option. Much better, it was a factory option. I say don't mention it to the dealer and get it. It's not enough to reach the power feel of the newer 4.7 engine, but it's a notable boost over the stock 4.3.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:32 AM
clrthompson is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Its also the color combination that gets me. Look at it. Just stunning. Had a 911 years ago with the same color interior. Made me smile every time I got in the car.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:48 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Yep. Though, it was not an "aftermarket" option. Much better, it was a factory option. I say don't mention it to the dealer and get it. It's not enough to reach the power feel of the newer 4.7 engine, but it's a notable boost over the stock 4.3.
Yep, sorry, that's what I meant. I didn't think you could spec them with the power pack *from* the factory, but I could be wrong. Most people with the power pack I know had it added on after the fact, so it won't be on any spec sheet. But yes, it is an OEM AM part, when I said aftermarket I just meant not an original "option". Can anyone say whether it was an *original* option? I thought they came out with these in 08 around the time of the n400, so I don't know if many 4.3L were spec'd with it from the factory.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:11 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Yep, sorry, that's what I meant. I didn't think you could spec them with the power pack *from* the factory, but I could be wrong. Most people with the power pack I know had it added on after the fact, so it won't be on any spec sheet. But yes, it is an OEM AM part, when I said aftermarket I just meant not an original "option". Can anyone say whether it was an *original* option? I thought they came out with these in 08 around the time of the n400, so I don't know if many 4.3L were spec'd with it from the factory.
You're correct. It wasn't an option from factory as I recall, only when the engine was refreshed to 4.7 with more power, did Aston released retro fit power packs for owners of the 4.3 who wanted more ooomph as well.