6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   PCV Valve replacement on DB9 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/376138-pcv-valve-replacement-db9.html)

slxkrdb9 10-28-2015 11:46 AM

PCV Valve replacement on DB9

Has anyone done a DIY PCV Valve replacement on DB9? How arduous a process, what steps are involved?

Thanks for any input!

XJRS Owner 10-28-2015 11:56 AM

Difficult because they (2) are at the very top rear of the engine behind the fuel rails. It is all about accessibility. I changed them on a DB7, but I had all the top removed for coil replacement, so accessibility was not an issue.

slxkrdb9 10-28-2015 12:08 PM

Thanks! Taking the top cover and cross brace off in order to get to the valves, is it easy to switch them out for new ones, or does one have to depressurize fuel lines, disconnect battery etc. ? It's on a DB9 MY07

XJRS Owner 10-28-2015 12:39 PM

No electrical connections, so that is not necessary. It's all about getting to them, so give it a go first, then order a couple if you can see your way to changing them. The DB7's engine isn't as far back as the DB9's, so I'm a little skeptical, but who knows (except for Irish...)

Organeer 01-21-2016 04:48 AM

PCV valves DB9

Hi,
If the PCV valves are the ones in the middle between the cylinder heads and below the inlet manifold gaskets, then I don't think they can be replaced without removing a cylinder head. I have my DB9 apart at the moment and was thinking of replacing the valves in the centre well. I loosened the screws but the valve wouldn't come out or move along the well. There seems to be a piece of it reaching down into the engine.
I had a misfire at idle when hot. So far all I have found is a spark plug with a cracked and loose insulator just above the metal body.

XJRS Owner 01-21-2016 06:58 AM

Those are not the PCVs, they are the oil vapor separators and don't need replacing since they have no moving parts. The 2 PCVs are at the back of the motor behind the fuel rail connections.

Organeer 01-21-2016 09:14 AM

Thank you for that. I am not sure what I am looking for but it looks a nightmare back there. I will look at a parts diagram and then poke around some more. Would I be better off just putting oil tanks in the line to the connection below the throttle body?

telum01 01-21-2016 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Organeer (Post 4459239)
Thank you for that. I am not sure what I am looking for but it looks a nightmare back there. I will look at a parts diagram and then poke around some more. Would I be better off just putting oil tanks in the line to the connection below the throttle body?

Why are you replacing the PCVs and what are you trying to do with oil tanks?

Organeer 01-21-2016 10:28 AM

Hi,
I am trying to stop oil getting into the inlet tube and leaking down to the air filters and maf sensors.

Wildcat1212 06-02-2016 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Organeer (Post 4459299)
Hi,
I am trying to stop oil getting into the inlet tube and leaking down to the air filters and maf sensors.

Did you ever replaced PCV VALVES?

Can anyone post picture of them to show how they look?

Has anyone used this?

http://www.i6automotive.co.uk/aston-martin-6-0-v12-pcv-valve-kit-db9-dbs-vanquish-34-85327-oiled-air-filters/

Organeer 06-03-2016 01:56 AM

Oil/wtaer traps

Hi,
I bought these valves but never fitted them.
I did however fit two airline filters in the breather line just before the throttle body/ manifold connection. Already they have collected a fair quantity of both oil and water. The water seems to only appear on short journeys. On a 600 mile trip one weekend the water disappeared leaving just oil in the filters. I haven't looked at my air filters recently but I would be very surprised if I found any oil on them.
My "fix" is reversible in about 2 minutes.
I just cut and bent some 8 mm copper tube and two short lengths of rubber fuel line along with the airline filter with 8 mm fittings.
I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Wildcat1212 06-03-2016 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Organeer (Post 4523415)
Hi,
I bought these valves but never fitted them.
I did however fit two airline filters in the breather line just before the throttle body/ manifold connection. Already they have collected a fair quantity of both oil and water. The water seems to only appear on short journeys. On a 600 mile trip one weekend the water disappeared leaving just oil in the filters. I haven't looked at my air filters recently but I would be very surprised if I found any oil on them.
My "fix" is reversible in about 2 minutes.
I just cut and bent some 8 mm copper tube and two short lengths of rubber fuel line along with the airline filter with 8 mm fittings.
I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Ok to post picture
When you are typing your reply scroll down little bit
Click on "manage attachment "
In the new window that opens
Select the photo location
Hit upload
Once done lose that window
You will now be back to window /screen where you were able to type your reply, hit submit

So please post the picture and also where did you buy airline filters any model number etc
Thx