Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

PCV Valve replacement on DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:46 AM
slxkrdb9 is on a distinguished road
PCV Valve replacement on DB9

Has anyone done a DIY PCV Valve replacement on DB9? How arduous a process, what steps are involved?

Thanks for any input!

Old 10-28-2015, 11:56 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Difficult because they (2) are at the very top rear of the engine behind the fuel rails. It is all about accessibility. I changed them on a DB7, but I had all the top removed for coil replacement, so accessibility was not an issue.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:08 PM
slxkrdb9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Taking the top cover and cross brace off in order to get to the valves, is it easy to switch them out for new ones, or does one have to depressurize fuel lines, disconnect battery etc. ? It's on a DB9 MY07

Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
No electrical connections, so that is not necessary. It's all about getting to them, so give it a go first, then order a couple if you can see your way to changing them. The DB7's engine isn't as far back as the DB9's, so I'm a little skeptical, but who knows (except for Irish...)

Old 01-21-2016, 04:48 AM
Organeer is on a distinguished road
PCV valves DB9

Hi,
If the PCV valves are the ones in the middle between the cylinder heads and below the inlet manifold gaskets, then I don't think they can be replaced without removing a cylinder head. I have my DB9 apart at the moment and was thinking of replacing the valves in the centre well. I loosened the screws but the valve wouldn't come out or move along the well. There seems to be a piece of it reaching down into the engine.
I had a misfire at idle when hot. So far all I have found is a spark plug with a cracked and loose insulator just above the metal body.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Those are not the PCVs, they are the oil vapor separators and don't need replacing since they have no moving parts. The 2 PCVs are at the back of the motor behind the fuel rail connections.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Thank you for that. I am not sure what I am looking for but it looks a nightmare back there. I will look at a parts diagram and then poke around some more. Would I be better off just putting oil tanks in the line to the connection below the throttle body?

Old 01-21-2016, 09:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Organeer
Thank you for that. I am not sure what I am looking for but it looks a nightmare back there. I will look at a parts diagram and then poke around some more. Would I be better off just putting oil tanks in the line to the connection below the throttle body?
Why are you replacing the PCVs and what are you trying to do with oil tanks?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Hi,
I am trying to stop oil getting into the inlet tube and leaking down to the air filters and maf sensors.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Hi,
I am trying to stop oil getting into the inlet tube and leaking down to the air filters and maf sensors.
Did you ever replaced PCV VALVES?

Can anyone post picture of them to show how they look?

Has anyone used this?

http://www.i6automotive.co.uk/aston-martin-6-0-v12-pcv-valve-kit-db9-dbs-vanquish-34-85327-oiled-air-filters/

Last edited by telum01; 06-03-2016 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Per forum rules, do not post active links to non-sponsor vendors.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Oil/wtaer traps

Hi,
I bought these valves but never fitted them.
I did however fit two airline filters in the breather line just before the throttle body/ manifold connection. Already they have collected a fair quantity of both oil and water. The water seems to only appear on short journeys. On a 600 mile trip one weekend the water disappeared leaving just oil in the filters. I haven't looked at my air filters recently but I would be very surprised if I found any oil on them.
My "fix" is reversible in about 2 minutes.
I just cut and bent some 8 mm copper tube and two short lengths of rubber fuel line along with the airline filter with 8 mm fittings.
I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Hi,
I bought these valves but never fitted them.
I did however fit two airline filters in the breather line just before the throttle body/ manifold connection. Already they have collected a fair quantity of both oil and water. The water seems to only appear on short journeys. On a 600 mile trip one weekend the water disappeared leaving just oil in the filters. I haven't looked at my air filters recently but I would be very surprised if I found any oil on them.
My "fix" is reversible in about 2 minutes.
I just cut and bent some 8 mm copper tube and two short lengths of rubber fuel line along with the airline filter with 8 mm fittings.
I don't know how to post pictures on here.
Ok to post picture
When you are typing your reply scroll down little bit
Click on "manage attachment "
In the new window that opens
Select the photo location
Hit upload
Once done lose that window
You will now be back to window /screen where you were able to type your reply, hit submit

So please post the picture and also where did you buy airline filters any model number etc
Thx