Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vinyl Lipstick Kits & Rear Union Jack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Vinyl Lipstick Kits & Rear Union Jack

Nick from V Collection posted a while back about making a lipstick kit, but hasn't said anything about it for quite a while. I took it upon myself to generate a template out of photos and measurements and had a local graphics shop cut out some lipstick for my V8V. It wasn't perfect, but I managed to get it to look pretty decent. It needs to be wider (so it can tuck slightly around the inner curve of the grill), but it wasn't bad for a first run. I made it wider and slightly changed the contour of the curves in my template, and they're cutting me a few new sets (one in silver and one in black).

If the fitment on my next run is better I don't mind forwarding orders to them for any forum members. So, before I kill myself trying to get this template perfect.. Really would be doing it as a favor to others who want that sweet lipstick look. Can do most colors, but matte colors will be slightly thicker and thus harder to work with because they're overlaid with a second clear layer to achieve the matte.

Additionally, I loved what Wniimi did to the rear of his V8V in this post (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...thread-39.html), so I also drew up a rear union jack template for the shop to print and cut. My first run, as you can see by the photo, had some measurement and visual alignment issues. (Please ignore the ****ty job of putting it on... once I saw it needed work I didn't do much more than was necessary to take some measurements).

The horizontal stripe wasn't lined up properly with the tail light inners, the image wasn't tall enough to reach the tail light cut outs, the cut-out for the badge wasn't big enough, a few things were off-center, etc. So I fixed those issues on the template and the shop is making me another one, which should line up perfectly with everything. Once again I'm happy to have them make more if anyone wants one.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:24 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Love it! How much was it to make the front lipstick? Not sure how it would look on my roadster but if it's cheap enough would love to try it!

Old 11-13-2015, 08:15 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm still not a fan of lipstick but I really do love the Union Jack

Old 11-13-2015, 08:30 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Lipstick w/o commitment to paint

Reserve a set of silver (w/o matte finish) for me. This is a great idea.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:56 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Thanks everyone for the comments and PMs. I made a few changes to the templates and sent them off to be remade. If I'm confident in the fit, I'm happy to offer the kits as I mentioned. Unfortunately I'm out of town next week so it will be the following week until I can see how they turned out. I'll keep you guys updated! In the meantime feel free to post or PM if you want a kit when the template is finalized.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
You really can't be offering kits as a non sponsor and certainly not be posting pricing (post removed)...you can post the name of the company making them and a phone number for them...but you can't be in the middle...thread closed....sorry