Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 PM
yo-lily is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Aston Martin V8 Vantage Dead Battery

Hello guys, I cannot start 2009 v8 V this afternoon. I think the battery need to change, I tried jump start, but it's doesn't work. I checked online and someone told me CTEK charger is good, but I don't know how to use CTEK battery charger? Could someone tell me more details about that? Thank you

Old 02-19-2016, 08:18 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome- One thing at a time. There are way too many issues that seem to come up with a weak, low or poor preforming battery in an Aston. Get a new battery that's spec'd for your car. There are a lot of suggestion about battery maintainers. I use an Aston unit made by C-Teck. Others have good results with non-Aston units including C-Teck branded ones. It's a personal preference, and of course the Aston branded unit is more than triple the cost. Good luck

Old 02-20-2016, 03:13 AM
bunob is on a distinguished road
Hello, I use an Aston Martin unit too (made by C-Teck).
One plug in the car trunk near the fuse box (to the right).
And the other plug on the 230VAC from your home ;-)

Put the charger on the floor, do not place it on a flammable surface ;-)

Old 02-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I keep all of my cars on a Deltran Battery Tender Plus. They work great and are much less expensive than the Ctec. They are battery maintainers and keep the batteries charged. They are made here in Florida and can be bought for under $50.

Last edited by Gene G; 02-27-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:54 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Cteks maintainers can be had for $40, so Deltran is no special deal.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:10 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
+ 1 for Deltran units.

I have 5 and they work great. Lawnmowers, Cars, boats, etc. Lots of adapters so they are universal from cig lighter, direct to battery, clamps, some special connectors, ...