Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Price advice for a V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:00 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Supposedly, but I've heard of a 4.7L or two that's had it.
And supposedly the updated gasket fixes the problem on the 4.3L engine... but I've had that done and my leak has returned.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:59 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Like a previous post, I probably payed a bit more, but found a car that is in excellent condition with the right color combination (meteroite silver, tan/stone interior). $58k for 14k miles 07 V8V last year. Personally, I would rather have a car without nav (it is useless and ugly), but they are hard to find. The Premium sound system is a nice bonus, but the sound of the exhaust is divine. It took me about 6 months to find the right car. I almost compromised on a car with a different color combination and i am glad it was sold the day before i was driving out to see it. I don't think I would be as happy as I am now every time I drive her.

I tend to keep my cars for a long time and the Aston is special. In comparison to other buddies who have faster cars (911s, R8, others) I am still very happy with my purchase.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Regular_Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I about to overpay?

Experts:

Am I about to overpay?

Manual 2007 good color combo, 6k miles

Pretty flawless interior/exterior, ALL service history 2 owner

$46k cash.

For some reason I feel like I might actually be overpaying:
This is a 10 year old car. It will be hard for a bargain hunter buyer to get financing on; a lot of people with $50k cash sitting around are shopping for more expensive cars IMO.

I'd love some reassurance, should I try to get a few $k more off of it, or is this a deal that I should snap up?

Old 12-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Do you actually LIKE the car? Or is it only about how little you can pay for it? I would rather pay what it costs for a car I actually want, than pay less for a car I really am not crazy about.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:21 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
agreed, what's the car worth to you?

Old 12-16-2016, 02:58 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
In defense of Regular Joe, I think what he's asking is, is this a good price for what he's getting and is that price point in alignment with market value for that MY and mileage.

I understand the point "do you like the car." But I also understand wanting to make sure you're not overpaying, and getting what you want while still staying within your budget. Hell, I know I really like the 2015 Vantage S I'm looking at on my screen right now...doesn't mean I can pay for it.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Right, but with a used car you can't just order one the way you want it, you can only buy what's on the market. Walking away from a car you really like at this price level over a couple thousand dollars is not what I would do. Buying any exotic car is hardly a rational decision.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Regular_Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TimothyCraig
In defense of Regular Joe, I think what he's asking is, is this a good price for what he's getting and is that price point in alignment with market value for that MY and mileage.

I understand the point "do you like the car." But I also understand wanting to make sure you're not overpaying, and getting what you want while still staying within your budget. Hell, I know I really like the 2015 Vantage S I'm looking at on my screen right now...doesn't mean I can pay for it.

You captured my sentiment exactly. I like this car. For $10k I'd looooove this car! For the original $100k+ I'm not even considering it. I guess I was just asking if owners here could tell me that I was being a bit too lax on the dealer.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
Out of curiosity, which colors command a premium? Is it just based on rarity or what?

Color is the hardest thing you can change on a car, so finding a color I like is very important. It seems like Aston has a zillion to choose from, though most are silver/gray/black.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
lightning silver is most prized for me

Old 12-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tremelune
Out of curiosity, which colors command a premium?
Haha, usually whatever color you really want is the most expensive one!

I would not even consider any shade of silver or gray. Or white. Or black. Or red. Mine had to be as dark of blue as possible. My car is custom painted Rolls Royce Black Sapphire Pearl. Almost looks black but it's clearly blue. Was exactly what I wanted and I paid a small premium for it.

Last edited by Jeff_335i; 12-17-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:19 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Color is so damn subjective. That's why manufacturers offer such a vast array of choices.
Of course trends change over time. In 1972 my Sepia brown Porsche sparkled. How many brown cars do you see today. I generally favor silvers and greys. Ordered my R8 in Daytona grey. Bought my new 2014 Vantage from the folks in Virginia. Little choice as it was a leftover. Volcano red-surprisingly really love it. Only other red car I have ever owned was a 65' E-Type.
Don't compromise too much on color.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Regular_Joe
You captured my sentiment exactly. I like this car. For $10k I'd looooove this car! For the original $100k+ I'm not even considering it. I guess I was just asking if owners here could tell me that I was being a bit too lax on the dealer.
From the reactions, I think you can conclude that the price you're getting that car for is a fantastic deal.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
I have a beautiful 2009 for sale in the classifieds. I have some movement on the price.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by larryg
Color is so damn subjective. That's why manufacturers offer such a vast array of choices.
Of course trends change over time. In 1972 my Sepia brown Porsche sparkled. How many brown cars do you see today. I generally favor silvers and greys. Ordered my R8 in Daytona grey. Bought my new 2014 Vantage from the folks in Virginia. Little choice as it was a leftover. Volcano red-surprisingly really love it. Only other red car I have ever owned was a 65' E-Type.
Don't compromise too much on color.
Larry,
I have a 1965 FHC E-Type in Carman Red. What color red was yours?
Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price advice for a V8 Vantage